JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well NOT actually 'on the grill' but here is a batch of beer batter chicken 'nuggets' I did the other night in my new Cuisinart deep fryer.

I am NOT one who believes you should deep fry a lot, ya know, 'moderation' and everything but sometimes something deep fried is great!

The 'upside' is the 2 qt Cuisinart deep fryer is great. It holds heat nearly 100 % while frying and when I am done I filter the oil and refrigerate it and when I use it for the next fry episode and pour it in the pan the 'level line' only shows like 1/16 " below the previous use so oil retention is great with not much retained in the food cooked.

View attachment 1860557 View attachment 1860558
I/we liked doing chicken fingers from breast meat and using Panko. I season ahead of time with Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning, dredge in flour, egg/milk wash, coat with Panko and deep fry.
Have to have Gregg's Ranch with them.

Forgot to post this the other night....
Wife wanted to do "smash" burgers and fries for dinner. I was always under the assumption you smashed the whole burger after assembly but she said you only smash the patties.... regardless it was fantastic especially with her home made buns(get your mind out of the gutter) and burger sauce.
Pro tip for you guys with kids, we recently got like 20 of these re usable restaurant style baskets with a bunch of paper liners for the kids and it's greatly reduced the amount of dishes we have to do. Plus the kids think it's fun to pretend we're eating at a burger joint.

1000010387.jpg 1000010388.jpg

Wife wanted to do "smash" burgers and fries for dinner. I was always under the assumption you smashed the whole burger after assembly but she said you only smash the patties.... regardless it was fantastic especially with her home made buns(get your mind out of the gutter) and burger sauce.
Pro tip for you guys with kids, we recently got like 20 of these re usable restaurant style baskets with a bunch of paper liners for the kids and it's greatly reduced the amount of dishes we have to do. Plus the kids think it's fun to pretend we're eating at a burger joint.
Dang, that looks incredible! Definitely not Cardiologist approved, but he/she doesn't need to know.

I tried something new the other night - a burger press. Pretty simple - place your lump of burger on a plate cover with the press, push the press knob down and presto! a perfectly shaped burger!

Also for you burger and fry connoisseurs consider a fry cutter. Works very well, fast and easy and quick to clean.

IMG_20240327_170937178[1].jpg

View attachment 1860722 View attachment 1860723
We've been on a smash burger kick lately. They are great for a crowd, they don't take as much meat as a typical burger and cook fast on a Blackstone grill. Looks good, I like the homemade buns.

Ya mean, "what's on the grill this morning?"

Started out with some sausages. Turned out really good.
thumbnail.jpg

Then I figured if I'm gonna burn some pellets, I may as well get my moneys worth.
Just yesterday, Winco had ribs for $1.98 per pound. I don't know if that's a good deal or not, but I bought 'em. Usually i buy the pre-marinated ribs, already seasoned. But this time I'm gonna cook 'em from the raw like the pioneers did it. I do it different every time, but every time they turn out tasty. I suspect these will be good too.🥰
thumbnail.jpg

I'm headed to Christmas Valley tomorrow with my oldest son and several long time friends. We're bringing a couple pulled pork butts, a brisket, and six pounds of Traeger bacon. Here's a photo of the brisket. We pre cook most meals for ease while camping, we get to eat better food than typical hotdogs and chili. That can create other "issues".
7D0118A9-F584-4435-B624-C32985BCE8AD.jpeg

Marinated chicken breasts, and Yukon gold potatoes.
The chicken on the grill (store bought chicken) is marinated in white wine, olive oil, with rosemary and thyme, and the chickens in the woods are my free range chickens.

I like the tiny Webber grill for small quick means, because it doesn't use much propane.

BBQ.JPG Free Range Chickens.jpg

Last Edited:
Okay, my verdict...
How I fixed these, right or wrong... I seared them to get some grill tracks. Then put them in an aluminum pan. I had no apple juice so I mixed some teriyaki and water for the pan, and tented the whole works. Back and forth between 250 and 300 degrees. Towards the end, I pulled the tent off and spread some bargain-brand bbq sauce on the ribs. Cooked them another hour (this all in a Traeger), and ultimately took them out and placed them open on the grates, as hot as the grill would go.

A total of 6 hours, the meat wont fall off the bone, but it is still very tender and absolutely delicious. I turned everything down to further smoke the meat and maybe loosen the bones, and in a few minutes I'm gonna take them off the grill so they don't dry out.

Both my mailman and my neighbor across the street are artists with brisket and ribs. And they do this process completely different from each other. i combined processes. Maybe it doesn't matter, Enough heat, and enough time, and they magically develop like a Polaroid.
thumbnail.jpg

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads