JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Okay, my verdict...
How I fixed these, right or wrong... I seared them to get some grill tracks. Then put them in an aluminum pan. I had no apple juice so I mixed some teriyaki and water for the pan, and tented the whole works. Back and forth between 250 and 300 degrees. Towards the end, I pulled the tent off and spread some bargain-brand bbq sauce on the ribs. Cooked them another hour (this all in a Traeger), and ultimately took them out and placed them open on the grates, as hot as the grill would go.

A total of 6 hours, the meat wont fall off the bone, but it is still very tender and absolutely delicious. I turned everything down to further smoke the meat and maybe loosen the bones, and in a few minutes I'm gonna take them off the grill so they don't dry out.

Both my mailman and my neighbor across the street are artists with brisket and ribs. And they do this process completely different from each other. i combined processes. Maybe it doesn't matter, Enough heat, and enough time, and they magically develop like a Polaroid.
View attachment 1860896
What times dinner?

Pulled out the discada for a lo mein. That's 2lbs of noodles, 1lb of beef, 1lb of shrimp, and at least 2.5lbs of veggies! I really do love cooking on this thing. Much better than a Blackstone imo. I've got plenty of leftovers!

IMG_20240411_173728948~2.jpg IMG_20240411_174222875~2.jpg IMG_20240411_174858333~2.jpg

Holy crap this thread is crazy. Speaking of which, I only check it occasionally and in parts for my own well being. Maybe kinda. And I'm lazy.
Anyway, patio skillet onions and calf liver with rice for me earlier.
I am not worthy.

What Kind of Enchilada Sauce? Sorry to make you dig in the trash for the can. :)
Green Enchilada sauce in the yellow can. Las Palmas or something like that. Bought at Bi-Mart. And then she doctored it all up with onions, radishes, and black olives. I'm sure she added whatever sounded good for spices. Probably at least one was Mrs Dashes Southwest blend.

Smash burgers tonight, not on the grille but in the ole cast iron frying pan. Man, burgers taste good off cast iron…. Forgot just how good. So the burgers, ketchup, mustard, lettuce, tomato, onions, dill pickle chips, potato salad and macaroni salad.

Relaxing with a highly satisfied stomach at the moment.

Okay, my verdict...
How I fixed these, right or wrong... I seared them to get some grill tracks. Then put them in an aluminum pan. I had no apple juice so I mixed some teriyaki and water for the pan, and tented the whole works. Back and forth between 250 and 300 degrees. Towards the end, I pulled the tent off and spread some bargain-brand bbq sauce on the ribs. Cooked them another hour (this all in a Traeger), and ultimately took them out and placed them open on the grates, as hot as the grill would go.

A total of 6 hours, the meat wont fall off the bone, but it is still very tender and absolutely delicious. I turned everything down to further smoke the meat and maybe loosen the bones, and in a few minutes I'm gonna take them off the grill so they don't dry out.

Both my mailman and my neighbor across the street are artists with brisket and ribs. And they do this process completely different from each other. i combined processes. Maybe it doesn't matter, Enough heat, and enough time, and they magically develop like a Polaroid.
View attachment 1860896
All of Winco's pork is injected with a solution. You know by the "Always Tender" on the label. I generally do not buy monkeyed with/injected pork. I DID get a slab of their back ribs and cooked them a week ago though. I cook them on the Weber with indirect heat and apple wood chunks. I keep the heat around 275-300 for a couple of hours. I use Pappy's Seasoning put on them in the morning. After that 2 hours or so on the Weber I put them in a glass dish, slather with some plain old Kraft B-B-Q sauce, cover tight with foil (maybe a sprits of water) and in a 275 oven for another hour+. They were great. I will probably get only the pork ribs injected from here on out. that injected stuff doesn't cook like regular pork. But the ribs were fine.

Again, what's on the grill tonight is bacon this morning.

I've bbq'd bacon on my gas grill for years, and I highly approve.

Now, on the Traeger, it's even better. 🥰

thumbnail.jpg

Sorry for the "Not on the grill" post but, thought I'd share. Got my 17yr old Waste Management System with me this weekend. He says, "Papa, you know I loves me some fried chicken, right?" I respond, "You know where the kitchens at boy!" Yet, here I am.... 🙄

Love that turd!😁
thumbnail_20240413_125929.jpg

Smash burgers tonight, not on the grille but in the ole cast iron frying pan. Man, burgers taste good off cast iron…. Forgot just how good. So the burgers, ketchup, mustard, lettuce, tomato, onions, dill pickle chips, potato salad and macaroni salad.

Relaxing with a highly satisfied stomach at the moment.
:s0122:

All of Winco's pork is injected with a solution. You know by the "Always Tender" on the label. I generally do not buy monkeyed with/injected pork. I DID get a slab of their back ribs and cooked them a week ago though. I cook them on the Weber with indirect heat and apple wood chunks. I keep the heat around 275-300 for a couple of hours. I use Pappy's Seasoning put on them in the morning. After that 2 hours or so on the Weber I put them in a glass dish, slather with some plain old Kraft B-B-Q sauce, cover tight with foil (maybe a sprits of water) and in a 275 oven for another hour+. They were great. I will probably get only the pork ribs injected from here on out. that injected stuff doesn't cook like regular pork. But the ribs were fine.
:s0122:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads