JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just salt and pepper, it's got a pretty heavy coating of pepper. That one is actually a grass fed brisket, which I don't recommend. Brisket needs grain, and lots of it.
Ya I learned years ago that grain is good....fat is flavor! I've done quite a few whole hog cooks for weddings, prime ribs for big events but never have got brisket down. I may try one again soon

Ya I learned years ago that grain is good....fat is flavor! I've done quite a few whole hog cooks for weddings, prime ribs for big events but never have got brisket down. I may try one again soon
Brisket is the hardest cut of meat to cook. There's some basic principles, but the meat tells you when it's done. My other briskets were perfect for tenderness and fat rendering, but they had very little bark. Two briskets ago, I soaked my wood for two days and put it on right as I was putting the meat on. It had much more bark, but nothing like the last one. The liquid gives it the bark if you're not using an offset stick burner. I've been waiting since October for mine, and I likely have two more months.

Last Edited:
Who is building your stick burner? I definitely need to invest in one, you can't get that flavor and bark on a pellet grill
I've got this guy coming.

There's another company that I almost bought from, Fatstack Smokers. They were in the process of moving from SoCal to Texas and were a little more expensive and opted for Workhorse. I'm really glad that I did, it turns out Eric, the owner, was hemorrhaging money and blew it all in the move. He ended up losing a lot of people money with his pyramid scheme.

I've got this guy coming.

There's another company that I almost bought from, Fatstack Smokers. They were in the process of moving from SoCal to Texas and were a little more expensive and opted for Workhorse. I'm really glad that I did, it turns out Eric, the owner, was hemorrhaging money and blew it all in the move. He ended up losing a lot of people money with his pyramid scheme.
That is a dam nice grill! Price about 3k?

That is a dam nice grill! Price about 3k?
I think it was around $4k with all of the bells and whistles. I got the side shelf, cowboy grill and removable top grate.

From my reading, the bigger the fire pit, the easier it is to maintain temp. There's one that's around $1k that has the most favorable reviews, but it has really thin metal and you have to tend the fire more.

I think it was around $4k with all of the bells and whistles. I got the side shelf, cowboy grill and removable top grate.

From my reading, the bigger the fire pit, the easier it is to maintain temp. There's one that's around $1k that has the most favorable reviews, but it has really thin metal and you have to tend the fire more.
Ya I want something built well and will last me 30 years

Ya I want something built well and will last me 30 years
Workhorse Pits

If I recall, the Workhorse was the cheapest, and has a solid following. They are an offshoot of the Primitive Pits. It is speculated that their lower pricing is due to producing more than the competition.

Brats and onions boiled in spiced Red Stripe beer, onions caramelized, brats smoked then grilled.

Hoagie rolls toasted with garlic butter.

Saurkraut, Dijon, dill pickles.

1000003892.jpg

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews