JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We take a Brisket and coat it with a heavy pepper dry rub after an all night marinade in Elderberry juice the cook it low, slow and all day in the smoker. Sliced thin it's more like Pastrami that way.

Baby back ribs.
Twice-baked potatoes topped with pieces of crispy bacon, chives, Tillamook cheddar.
Sweet corn on the cob.
Caesar salad.
Cold beer.

1710636038541.jpeg

Last night, it was corned beef brisket.

I mow my neighbor-lady's yard, and she often brings me food in appreciation.

Yesterday she brought me a corned beef brisket. This is the second one of these I've grilled. The first was terrible, this one is mediocre.

I finally googled it and discovered corned beef is supposed to be boiled. I obviously didn't do that, but had I done so, then grilled it, would it have been any better?

Who has real-world experience preparing corned beef brisket?
I've smoked corned beef (to make pastrami) with excellent results, but only briskets that I have brined myself. From what I've read you can use a store bought corned beef to do so, but you need to soak it first to remove some of the salt. Haven't tried it myself so I can't say how it would turn out.

Sooooooooo, what time is dinner? :)
We'll be over shortly :)
WEE, I'm hoping you understand the situation; we may not be the forum with the most traffic, but there's a few of us :)

What I'm getting at, I'm hoping that's a sample image and you have enough for everyone :)

How's parking?

:)
Where the heck is Normandy Park, WA? ...cause I'm thinkin' I gotta get there pretty quick. Looks awesome!

The "how's parking" comment is killer. What a hoot...
We ate at 4 today since we skipped lunch. Sorry I was so inconsiderate and only made enough for my wife and me. Next time I will send out advance invitations. Watch your inbox. 😀
I have a lot of paved off-street parking so that's not a problem. No valet parking, sorry. And no Tesla fast chargers, either.
Normandy Park is located south of Seattle, between Burien and Des Moines, and west of SeaTac airport. About 3 hours from Portland.
MY wife and I go to the Oregon coast nearly every year, Absolutely love the Oregon coast, much better than the Washington coast IMO. Our first trip down the coast was in 1974 in my '67 VW Squareback. Last summer we stayed at Lincoln City, The Inn at Spanish Head, for a week. I would like to live on or near the coast but my wife wants to stay here near the grandchildren, at least until they get to be teenagers. 😂
Thanks for all the comments, I wasn't anticipating any. Since retiring I have enjoyed doing all of the cooking. I grew up on a large farm in Illinois, so I stick to pretty basic fare. You won't find any plant=based meat in my refrigerator or freezer.

1710644087128.jpeg

Last Edited:
I would like to live on or near the coast but my wife wants to stay here near the grandchildren, at least until they get to be teenagers. 😂
The problem with the Oregon Coast? TOO many come from the Willamette Valley population centers and turn it to crap too! We haven't done Coast trips in the "On" season for many years.

I avoide the big coast town just like avoid portland!
I suppose there are people that still like going to the coast during summer/ On season. Over my years of living here I've noticed even the off season has changed drastically from 20 years ago. In that time I've changed too though. Over the last few years I've come to love being out and about (away from the crap-hole) when there are no leaves on the trees! The forests are much more beautiful when you can actually SEE the forests! Without all those pesky leaves blocking the view! :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top