JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Breakfast for Dinner.jpg

Breakfast for Dinner! Corned Beef Hash, Eggs, Sausage, Sour Dough Toast.

Brats and onions boiled in spiced Red Stripe beer, onions caramelized, brats smoked then grilled.

Hoagie rolls toasted with garlic butter.

Saurkraut, Dijon, dill pickles.

1710558178088.png
This looks so damned good, I'm in the process of making it right now...

I only have one Alaskan Amber in the whole house (I know, flog me), so to get 5 brats covered, I had to dilute the beer with an equal amount of water. I hope that's OK. The brats still smell pretty darned good on the boil with the onions.

Now, I'm off to caramelize the onions while the brats sear on the grill (I don't own a smoker, so that step gets skipped)...

Last Edited:
I did lemon pepper chicken breasts on my pellet grill yesterday!

I had not yet done chicken breasts but a friend had recently done some with excellent results.

Mine came out excellent! Literally filet mignon like tenderness and juicy!

I attribute this to having inject marinaided them, and then a dry rub and covered overnight to season well.

IMG_20240314_180100970.jpg

Last Edited:
This looks so damned good, I'm in the process of making it right now...

I only have one Alaskan Amber in the whole house (I know, flog me), so to get 5 brats covered, I had to dilute the beer with an equal amount of water. I hope that's OK. The brats still smell pretty darned good on the boil with the onions.

Now, I'm off to caramelize the onions while the brats sear on the grill (I don't own a smoker, so that step gets skipped)...
UPDATE:
Damn! That was so gotdamn good! 🤤 Thanks, @ferret427, I now have a new brat recipe in my quiver!

I didn't have any hoagie rolls, and I thought that a piece of Franz 9-grain bread wouldn't stand up to the pressure of containing all this goodness. So, I went with a tortilla as a brat wrap. It worked flawlessly, after trimming the excess bread from it. Paired it with a ramekin of southern pit BBQ baked beans and an OF to wash it all down. I am sated...

Brat01-1.JPG Brat01-2.JPG Brat01-3.JPG Brat01-4.JPG

Delizioso.JPG

A couple of nights ago my wife made a stir fry with Anduie sausage, peppers, onions, garlic and red cabbage. it was awesome. So thank you to whoever it was that posted about putting cabbage in the Stir fry, that was a good tip.

Last night, it was corned beef brisket.

I mow my neighbor-lady's yard, and she often brings me food in appreciation.

Yesterday she brought me a corned beef brisket. This is the second one of these I've grilled. The first was terrible, this one is mediocre.

I finally googled it and discovered corned beef is supposed to be boiled. I obviously didn't do that, but had I done so, then grilled it, would it have been any better?

Who has real-world experience preparing corned beef brisket?

Last night, it was corned beef brisket.

I mow my neighbor-lady's yard, and she often brings me food in appreciation.

Yesterday she brought me a corned beef brisket. This is the second one of these I've grilled. The first was terrible, this one is mediocre.

I finally googled it and discovered corned beef is supposed to be boiled. I obviously didn't do that, but had I done so, then grilled it, would it have been any better?

Who has real-world experience preparing corned beef brisket?
You want to boil corned beef brisket until fork tender, then cut it across the grain. About 2 to 2.5 hours for the average 4 lb brisket.

IMG_5307.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top