JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Portland State University has a video titled "RUN.HIDE.FIGHT" that gives students and staff members strategies on how to deal with an active shooter.

Notice in the video that the shooter walks into a building that has a sign banning concealed firearms [0:58]. Interestingly enough, the video suggests the following as a "last resort":

"As a last resort, if your life is at risk, whether you're alone or working together as a group, fight! Act with aggression. Improvise weapons. Disarm him and commit to taking the shooter down, no matter what."​

And so we see scared individuals using fire extinguishers and chairs against an armed opponent...

Last Edited:
Hmmm, since I would have ignored the sign (if I ever went there), I'd shoot him.
Funny how fighting back is the last resort... Violence only knows one enemy. Violence.

What the heck! No evil assault rifle with a drum mag?!

Any way yeah, the vid is a stand alone pretty good PSA about the need for CC in schools and workplaces. A liberal mind doesn't work like mine though. They see it as, "If only we had a few more gun laws in this country" then this would not be possible.

If I was going to turn it into a pro gun ad I'd scroll stats on the MASSIVE amount of guns that are out there on the streets now, how many were sold in the past 6 years and how homicidal maniacs and criminals don't care about stupid laws.

Agreed. I bet with $400 or less in cash, just about any homeless angel downtown could point you in the right direction of a gun. Guns are out there. There is no stopping that. Law abiding citizens with CHLs are the only solution, because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away!

I love how the cops are wearing literally full active duty military combat gear. I remember in 2007 after my third deployment I came to visit family here. We went downtown to the Rose Festival. Portland Police had a booth that was being manned by SWAT. ALL of their gear (to include knockoff MARPAT fatigues) was nearly identical to my active duty marine unit.

The question; "....What to do if there is an active shooter at Portland State University?...."
The answer; "...return fire and terminate the threat..!!..."

...trick question, right...??....:D

Clearly this question proves that you ARE "blinded by science". ;)

I have been known occasionally to carry where I'm 'not supposed to'. Certainly not in banks or federal buildings, but when it comes to private businesses that have it in for concealed carry, I may have carried there a time or three. Maybe. My preference is to not patronize such businesses, but there are a couple of exceptions. Concealed carry means just that - and no one will know I'm carrying unless there's a problem requiring an armed response. If they want to prosecute me for trespassing after the fact , I'm OK with that. Beats the alternative all to heck, I do believe......

Very funny, they should also provide free Estrogen Therapy for all the male students!

Bad guy?

BE THE GOOD GUY, take a deep breath, exhale slowly, confirm a good sight picture with nothing behind the target, practice proper trigger control.

Reload and by golly, get to that Math Class before the bell rings!

The Liberal Death Cult on full display, a perfect example of r VS K Type theory, I say hide but not until you have a good supply of pop-corn on hand!
Police: Michigan man stabs, wounds conductor and 3 passengers in attack on Amtrak train
By: The Associated Press

INSBE101-126_2014_164421_high.jpg
Enlarge Image
In this undated photo provided by the Berrien County Sheriff's Department via the South Bend Tribune, Michael Williams, 44, of Saginaw, Michigan, poses for a booking photo, in Michigan. Williams, accused of stabbing a conductor and three passengers on an Amtrak passenger train in southwestern Michigan before officers subdued him, has been charged with four counts of attempted murder, police said Saturday, Dec. 6, 2014. Police did not disclose a possible motive, and it wasn't immediately clear when Williams would make his initial court appearance on the charges. (AP Photo/Berrien County Sheriff's Department via the South Bend Tribune)
NILES, Mich. - A man accused of stabbing a conductor and three passengers on an Amtrak train in southwestern Michigan before officers subdued him has been charged with four counts of attempted murder, police said Saturday.
Police identified the suspect in Friday night's attack as Michael Williams, 44, of Saginaw. They didn't disclose a possible motive, and it wasn't immediately clear when Williams would make his initial court appearance on the charges.
According to Niles police Chief Jim Millin, a dispatcher received a call at around 7 p.m. from someone on the train about a suspicious person. When officers arrived at the depot in Niles, which is about 10 miles north of South Bend Indiana, the attack was already underway.
Millin said the officers pushed their way through fleeing passengers and confronted Williams, who was carrying a knife. They used a stun gun to subdue him and took him into custody.
The four victims — three males and a female — were taken to Lakeland-Niles Hospital or Memorial Hospital in South Bend. Niles Mayor Michael McCauslin said the wounded included the train's conductor, a female passenger and two male passengers.
Millin said that although initial reports were that at least one of the victims was in serious condition, all four victims were in stable condition Saturday.
The train, which had been carrying 172 passengers, remained in Niles for hours after the attack while investigators gathered evidence and spoke to witnesses. It finally resumed its journey at 1:20 a.m. Saturday.
Passenger Tyler Vandermolen told South Bend NBC affiliate WNDU-TV that he was sitting several rows from where the stabbing occurred, and that it could have been worse if not for the quick police response.
"You see the police getting a lot for bad press with the stuff going on around the country these days, but you got to give it up for these guys they were there ... within seconds of this happening," Vandermolen said. "It was pretty incredible that they may have saved some lives today."
Passenger Caitlin Cipri told the South Bend Tribune that she was packing her things to get off the train when she heard screaming. She initially thought the suspect was punching a passenger until she saw the butt of a knife. Cipri said she then saw the man stab two other people.
"It was terrifying and you don't think something like that is going to happen to you," Cipri said. "It's terrifying that things like this happen."

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top