JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just have my doubts that a .22 would be very affective against cougars... they're usually drawn to young men in bathing suits.
Hence I suggest something with a little more punch.

Excuse me, I should have paid more attention to the content before making a joke.

On a serious note, you could totally fit that pipe gun into your paddle. Just think how surprised they'll be when you start blasting out of your paddle. Besides the licensing, I figure that'd be pretty cheap.

Seriously tho, get a CZ P-10...

I did a hike a while back, and did not realize that a portion of it was neck deep in water. I was carrying my normal edc for summer which included a sig p238. I would not recommend that gun for under water adventures needless to say...

I use one of them waterproof containers to carry in the water. Took it into the pool attached to me in front of people, no one batted an eye, it had my phone and wallet in there too. I sometimes just take a knife.

rubber-duckie-pool-float-cmyk.jpg

Carry what I normally would, making sure to field strip and relube when home. Surface rust is surface rust. I would not get a water specific gun unless you just need an excuse for the justification ;) but generally Glocks and M&Ps are good. CZ's have damn near bulletproof finishes too. I have not found Sig's nitron to be greatly corrosion resistant as they claim. Stainless is stain-less not stainproof and there are varied degrees of corrosion resistance with stainless.

Getting a current gun np3'd is a good option and cheaper than a new gun. Np3 is electroless teflin impregnated nickle - highly corrosion resistant and adds to the lubricity of the gun.

But with proper care even a classic blued gun with wood grips can serve well.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews