JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone have any experience conceal carrying when kayaking, rafting or just a day on or at the lake with friends and family. And particular handguns that work well for such activities.

Well a Sig MK25 comes to mind. Isn't that gun fully Np3 treated or similar? And if not that, probably a polymer frame with a stainless slide...like an M&P or similar. And then some type of dry bag.

Well a Sig MK25 comes to mind. Isn't that gun fully Np3 treated or similar? And if not that, probably a polymer frame with a stainless slide...like an M&P or similar. And then some type of dry bag.
I feel like that only works for the first hundred or two rounds, otherwise the barrel wears out... idk I'm only at about 300 with mine and it seems significant enough that the armory would replace the barrel... but I'm no expert. If you can correct me, I'd be happy to take mine with me crabbing and bay fishing.
Otherwise, I might go with an "El Cheapo Especiale", like an XD or other polymer. LoL
(No offense to XD fans out there...)

I still have the glock 17 that I used to canoe with 20 years ago. I caried it because it was cool to shoot under water. Still runs flawlessly today. Going rafting over the 4th and plan on taking my glock 26 to conceal. Hard to deny proven reliability and longevity. This is not a fan boy stance as I am an equal opportunity lead slinger. These are just the facts. Polymer stands up to water very well.

I still have the glock 17 that I used to canoe with 20 years ago. I caried it because it was cool to shoot under water. Still runs flawlessly today. Going rafting over the 4th and plan on taking my glock 26 to conceal. Hard to deny proven reliability and longevity. This is not a fan boy stance as I am an equal opportunity lead slinger. These are just the facts. Polymer stands up to water very well.

This.

Do you have a special cleaning routine for after it's been in the water?

Do you have a special cleaning routine for after it's been in the water?
Nothing too special. Beak it down as far as it goes and put some oil on all the metal. Clean the barrel with some bore cleaner and call it macaroni. More than I would do after an average range day I guess.

M&P, Glock, XD series, I thing any of those would fit the bill

Personally, a Taurus TCP, cause for what I paid for it, a little rust wouldn't make me cry, besides is has a blackened stainless slide and just fits in my over large coin pouch...

Get the new CZ P-10... then tell us how it does. From what I've seen, that's the one I'll be getting for this sort of stuff.
Of course you can get the CZ P-07 fit as you like.
I'd take the mk25 on a yacht or dingy, from my yacht...

Last Edited:
Nothing too special. Beak it down as far as it goes and put some oil on all the metal. Clean the barrel with some bore cleaner and call it macaroni. More than I would do after an average range day I guess.
Thanks. When I get a gun wet I usually hose it down with WD40 to drive the moisture out and then clean it. Maybe that's more than I really need to do.

So I'm looking at something with less imprint than a glock 26 something I can conceal on the beach with a t shirt or tank.
Look for the .380 pocket guns like the KelTek P3AT and it's knock-offs, the Ruger LCP, Taurus PT738 or the IO Hellcat.

Or slightly bigger are the Colt Mustang, Kimber Solo or Glock 42.

There are also some fairly slim single-stack 9mm guns out there. They'll be about as thin as the above, but they will be taller and longer.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top