JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just some silly thinking here. If you insist on doing a Thomas Magnum thing, then how about a light weight poly stainless compact 9mm? We tried about three, (3) very tight pair of jockey type underwear sewed together with further sewing creating an outline around the gun. Top left open.

We tried it with a PPK SS. Too heavy.

The the usual boxer type swim wear was worn over. Even the light weight autos were too heavy. They were worn in the groin area muzzle down. Chamber empty. Two, (2) reload mags rested in the thigh-lower belly area over the femoral artery. The underwear must be very tight and elastic.

Tight enough to work is too tight.

Still drew smiles and giggles from the usual bikini clad young ladies. We just smiled back. Little did they know that they were mistaking our gun for a gun. Oh well. If you get wet and we did, it was a total detail take down and cleaning. Particularly in dirty salt water. But ... it can be done.

Done with a gun. Getting all wet. Total concealment but not total. You get the idea. :)

My summer carry is usually a stainless ruger lcp. I can sweat or get it wet and I really don't care. Swapped the pins for stainless too. Internals are all I really worry about. I clean it once a month as I try to shoot it once a month and cycle through my carry ammo at the same time.

I used to carry a blade when kayaking. Glad that was all too when I tipped my Kayak into the frigid water and lost my eyeglasses....I used to also carry the same blade when swimming at the pool at my apartment complex that I lived in long ago. Sometimes I'd leave the piece wrapped in a towel I'd carry with me to the pool. Just left it on an empty chair. Who's going to mess with it? I generally would go when no one else was in the pool anyway, early in the morning to avoid the loud morons.

So I'm looking at something with less imprint than a glock 26 something I can conceal on the beach with a t shirt or tank.
I'm not saying go out and buy a g26, just saying that I trust the glock architecture to fire when I need it no mater what. I have a shield in .40 that I like to cary but I've never put it through a similar test. G42, 43 and I think 36 are single stack and should conceal nicely. Like others have said, get the polymer one you like. Then take it to the river and test it. Let us know how it goes! Should be grins all around.

I don't have tons of experience, but I carry a Ruger LCP which only weights 10 ounces and can be concealed under very light clothing, in a pocket, or at the ankle. You don't want to profile if your t-shirt gets wet and let everyone know you are armed, as you might cause a snowflake to melt. Next, I'd buy good quality ammo. Hornady American Gunner is what I use, but the choices are endless.

I don't have tons of experience, but I carry a Ruger LCP which only weights 10 ounces and can be concealed under very light clothing, in a pocket, or at the ankle. You don't want to profile if your t-shirt gets wet and let everyone know you are armed, as you might cause a snowflake to melt. Next, I'd buy good quality ammo. Hornady American Gunner is what I use, but the choices are endless.
You're the man! I had trouble finding a hoslter, went through the mill and found something neat. I got a techna clip. It hooks on the edge of your pocket so it hangs in your pocket and it doesn't print. It fills super light and the clip holds it fairly well, but easy to pull the gun out.
Amazon.com : Techna Clip - Ruger LCP .380 - Conceal Carry Belt Clip (Left-Side) : Sports & Outdoors
Sifu

Depends on what exactly I am doing and where exactly I am.
Water play is typically one of few times I'm unarmed, but if I do, it's been an LCP or bodyguard 380 in a pocket holster in a sandwich bag in pocket that is pinned shut. It'd be a slower draw than normal, but it's better than nothing.
Played with it a couple times and was able to rip the pocket open, rip the bag open, and have it out of the holster in roughly 2.5 seconds. Seemed slow to me but I figured it isn't that bad considering the "magic number" I've always heard used for drawing time is 2 seconds.

Little NAA 22 revolver---stainless, small, cheap if is should happen to sink. I carry one in my fishing vest loaded with 2 rounds of bird shot followed by 3 stingers. It has been under water more than once and still runs just fine. The bird shot even in 22 is very effective on snakes.

Limited experience here, with only one season of flat water paddling behind me. I carried my Shield 9mm IWB at 4-5 O'clock, covered by an untucked sports shirt. Going into the water was never part of the activity plan. Thinking about it now, if I did somehow get upside down, I believe my first priority would be to get my head above water and I'd dump the Shield if necessary to keep my head above water. But, assuming I get home with nothing worse than a wet Shield, then a thorough WD40 treatment seems like good first step.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top