JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used to do the ice thing all the time, take the butter containers and fill them up and freeze them With food coloring, have also used old eggs, and gelatin just do not use as much water to make it a little harder. all of that is fun and NO clean up

Tin cans filled with Red Dot powder and the lids securely taped back down. You have to slap them with something above 2500 fps, then they detonate like Tanny but with no smoke. I've also had this work with Green Dot and Bullseye smokeless powders. You want to be back at LEAST 50 yrds, and put the container on a cardboard box to avoid kicking up stones.

Here's my target from this past weekend.

IMG_20110813_092745.jpg

IMG_20110813_093223.jpg

IMG_20110813_093241.jpg

Felt good since I work on computers. :)

All that extra wiring was zip tied together and shoved into an empty space between the hard drives and optical drives. I like the newer power supplies that are modular so I can just attach the power cables that i need and not have a bunch of extras that I don't need inside the case.

I usually use the clay targets. ill just set them on the hillside. High vis and no cleanup afterwards. ive also cut up some metal wire coat hangers and used them to hold up potatoes. the potatoes explode pretty nicely, and again, no clean up. im all for making my life easier

Hang pine cones from tree limbs with string. They really jump when hit by a .22. Using a slip knot you can remove the shot up pine cone and put in a new one. Remove the string afterwards.

Davin:
I sure hope you picked up that computer and took it home! I've been to shooting sights over the past couple of years where people just dumped that stuff and left it. Computers, old televisions, a dish washer, even a refrigerator. They left that crap on national forest land. Disgusting.
===========================

Now, among my favorite targets are quart tin cans and those self-sealing Champion rubber targets that seem to last forever. I've shot at those things with everything from a .22 to a .45 and they just take a licking and keep on ticking... :s0114:

I am not sure what they're really made of but that material is the doggonedest stuff I've ever seen. Spray it with Armor All to keep it slick so it rotates on the steel bar, and you are in business. If yo can hit one of these at 100 yards with a rifle, no elk or deer is safe!

I sure hope you picked up that computer and took it home!

That was the plan. I took the pictures after I had already carried it back from where it was set up to shoot at. I was going to put it back in the car after shooting at it, but someone there wanted it to strip it down for scrap metal. I do know he didn't leave any of it lying around though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top