JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If your into it, a paper target rubbed with some sugar and meat juice will attract flies and is fun to plink flies as they land on the target, if you have a scoped rifle or pistol.

Oh, man, does that take me back. I remember making nitrogen triiodide contact explosive when I was thirteen or so, and dripping it on a sheet of greasy paper to dry. When it's fully dried it only takes the slightest touch to detonate, although it's not much of a bang. More than enough to decapitate a fly, though!

Get to know your produce manager at you local store. They throw out so much bad fruit and if you let them know a day before you can get 3-4 boxes of bad fruit to shoot, pretty much anything and everything for FREE!! The great thing about fruits and vegetables is its bio-degradable!

The ice is a GREAT idea. Thanks!

Ice People, just plain old Ice. Or ice with some food coloring. You can make hundreds of targets for pennies. your freezer is going to be running anyway so you might as well use it. There is no clean up. It takes several shots. depending on the size of your targets and the caliber, but it still takes several shots.

It tends to explode into smaller chunks when you hit it. Balloons tied to a cheap remote controlled car works really well too. two blue one red. only aim at the red and only take the shot when you wont hit any blue targets. takes two people though.

I like to shoot the 5 Liter Steel Beer Keg/cans. They make a nice metallic ping when hit with a .22lr, and don't fall over even when hit by .223 or .45 acp.(see picture for details)

They will however fall over when hit by shotgun blast.

Note: the Heineken Kegs have a charcoal filled tube in them, and when that is hit, it makes a nice black cloud.

cans.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE...WITH THE
INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY AND WELL
PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE,
THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY
PROCLAIMING----WOW----WHAT A RIDE!!!"

being a carpenter, i MAKE stuff with scraps of wood and plywood..

i make target stands, silhouettes, obstacles, other props.. i'm currently making a drop-down target stand with replaceable target portions that'll either drop and spring back up, or be re-settable with a string. i don't really want to put up the cash for the spring-loaded hinges, so i'll probably start with the string idea.

i make these a dime a dozen- literally- from jobsite scrap. under the targets are silhouettes cut from plywood, that i usually put paper plates and 3x5 cards on.. plates for COM, 3x5 for head-shots.

That is awesome!!!!

I like going up to the hills and finding a good shootin' car.

Just make sure it is actually abandoned, and not just parked. But usually if it's burned up, and missing wheels, it's fair game.

For .22s, there is the website that you can print out free targets. There is one that is pool balls, and you can shoot to hit them in order. If you miss, it's the next shooter's turn. Shoot the 8 ball to win.

Oh, I forgot, TOVO and I went shooting last weekend. I shot a steel plate he brought. 1inch thick plate, standard steel, not ar plate. It was cool to see how different ammo penetrates. .223 55gr FMJ, vs., 5.56 62gr Light armor piercing. The 1 inch plate stopped both. The 55gr fmj just fused to the steel.

I have to say that the coolest target I have ever shot at is tennerite. We were up at Memmolose Monday, and a couple of fellas came up and had a metric bubblegum ton of the stuff. After a few explosions I just had to walk over, introduce myself, and engage them in conversation about the tannerite. They were both very nice guys, Larry, and Justin IIRC, and they invited me to shoot one. Since I had just got done sighting in my AR's red dot I took a few shots, and whammo.
It was a dud, but I definitely hit the thing. It just burned... :-(... Anyway, they gave me a couple of very small plastic tannerite deals, so I took them back to our group. Set them up, and BLAMMO... Scared the bubblegum out of my son LMAO, and the other follow I was with must have thought my gun blew up judging by the look on his face. My wife knew what I was going to do, so we had a pretty good laugh.. Great stuff. You defiantly know when you hit it dead on. Great stuff!!

EGG'S! never thought of that , thats great ! i'v been freezing small water bottles....... they actually explode when hit,but then again there is clean up ! we grow a lot in the garden,and when zucchini gets to big , cut em up , and they work good !
also the "hanging item in a tree" is one of my wifes favorites ! fellas...... don't forget about the dollar store, when it comes to cheap soda,and stuff .... the place is loaded w/cheap items + you never need a "price check" LOL!
food for thought ...... i always carry a garbage can w/us .....just to make sure we pick up some crap before we even start...... usually shotgun shells !

just my thoughts....steven

Apples the non eatable type or the type you don't want to eat free from trees usually unwanted

also nasty cheap bitter beer shake it first the pop it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top