JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

During the search incident to arrest, officers seized the following:

• A Smith & Wesson .389 pistol, loaded with a round in the chamber
  • 16.6 grams of hydrocodone
  • 1.1 grams of crack cocaine
  • 6.7 grams of cannabis
  • Narcotics packaging
  • Five bottles of liquor
  • $605.20 in U.S. currency
  • Gambling chips
:s0092: :s0076:

If you use the numbers on the top of the keyboard, the 9 is next to the 0, so a typo when entering .380 could easily become .389 and without firearm knowledgeable proofreaders, would get published.

If you use the numbers on the top of the keyboard, the 9 is next to the 0, so a typo when entering .380 could easily become .389 and without firearm knowledgeable proofreaders, would get published.
That's just an excuse to cover up the fact that the guvmint is using AI to write news stories now.

It's not perfected... yet.
:s0156:

.389 = ignorance about firearms , calibers and the like....along with piss poor editing.
Andy
Just read a novel where the good guy was a military person. EVERY! remark in the book that referred to an AR magazine or his pistol magazine called them CLIPS! Drove me crazy! But probably a Brit author and a NYC editor. That combination means they will never get it right.

Just read a novel where the good guy was a military person. EVERY! remark in the book that referred to an AR magazine or his pistol magazine called them CLIPS! Drove me crazy! But probably a Brit author and a NYC editor. That combination means they will never get it right.
If it was written pre mid 90s or so, that's what they were called by most people. Even by experts and the military.

Y'all must of forgot

If it was written pre mid 90s or so, that's what they were called by most people. Even by experts and the military.

Y'all must of forgot
I believe in using the correct terminology, but the "clip" thing just wasn't as big of a deal back in the day. My grandfather was a WWII veteran. He's the one who taught me to shoot his 1911, and I don't remember ever hearing him use the word "magazine".

As an old man, when I was a kid, everybody called them Clips.
Late 40's and 50's Its just a throwback. I think it started with the clips that held
rounds for the M1.

Last Edited:
Back when I was in the Navy, 1911's and M-14's were fed ammo from clips. Magazines were storage areas for ammo as in the ready service magazine for the forward 3" 50's or the small arms magazine.

I believe in using the correct terminology, but the "clip" thing just wasn't as big of a deal back in the day. My grandfather was a WWII veteran. He's the one who taught me to shoot his 1911, and I don't remember ever hearing him use the word "magazine".

As an old man, when I was a kid, everybody called them Clips.
Late 40's and 50's Its just a throwback. I think it started with the clips that held
rounds for the M1.

Back when I was in the Navy, 1911's and M-14's were fed ammo from clips. Magazines were storage areas for ammo as in the ready service magazine for the forward 3" 50's or the small arms magazine.

I cringe when a younger person uses "clip". Everyone else, I just figure they were into guns before the Internet was around to tell them they were wrong and are just stuck in their ways.

People that got into guns post internet age don't realize it use to be acceptable and correct terminology.

Y'all must of forgot
Thats because of the M-1. Once that rifle was changed out everything else was a magazine. Yes it takes time for people to change their vocabulary but its 2023. Maybe they are in their 40's thats the 80s and the AR platform had been in use for 30+ years. Anyway, The title of editor implies that their job is to know better, or at least to be able to do research.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top