JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For Fun reactive targets buy the cheapest walmart/bi-mart canned cola, shake well and they explode when hit. If your into it, a paper target rubbed with some sugar and meat juice will attract flies and is fun to plink flies as they land on the target, if you have a scoped rifle or pistol. This site is great if you want to print out some fun targets Free Targets for Shooters! . And as mentioned before Tannerite will bring a smile to your face. Have fun.

Necco wafers or ritz crackers hot glued to a backer are fun.
Paintballs on golf tees
briquettes
balloons (very cheap at the dollar store)
I also like to buy army men at the dollar store and hang them from my 'regular' target. they sway in the wind and can be very difficult to hit!

My friend shot a can of shaving cream w/ a 44m. Very impressive!

Another idea for a not so cheap, long range rifle target, is a propane tank with a road flare taped to the side. Oh wait, that may not be legal in all areas.

osama_binladen_1238702c.jpg

i like this one.. a real head-cranker decision target. see, most guys would blast the zombies and leave the kid. this would be erroneous... when was the last time you saw a kid smiling and happy about having two rotting animated corpses about to eat him?

blast him.

I have wanted to get a 4x2 poster board. Set it up a foot or so of the ground.
Get a few cans of spray paint. Purple, orange, blue, yellow, green and maybe pink. Set them up in front of the poster board and start shooting the cans.
Now you have a preety picture. Frame it and sell it at saturday market for a couple hundred bucks. Payed for ammo paint and gas. Repeat next weekend.
Pick up before you leave.

That's a good one Bender!
We have used film canisters filled with flour at longer range too. Never a doubt when you hit them.
For an extra challenge, poke a small hole in the top and run a string through it, tie a knot, and use the string to hang it in a tree etc. The longer the string, the more it sways/swings in the breeze.
You'll find out real fast if you're as good at 200+ as you think you are!

I'm going shooting in couple of days. And I want to make couple of targets:
1) one of them is gonna be some big cloths from goodwill, tied on the end and staffed with sand to make "person silluet" and sand wil make it more realistic.
2) golf balls for my .22.... remigton hollow points make a pretty cool exit holes in those balls.
3) I bought a box of clay targets.
4) not sure is I'm gonna do it but thought of buying some tracer rounds and small propane tanks for portable heaters or something.
5) I know its bad...... and lots of people will say I'm stupid but I do like shooting metal. Mosin and my 30-30 makes pretty good dings in 1/4 inch steel.
6) when I ran out of targets and still have bunch .22 I shoot shotgun shells. Most of them are red, easy to see and you see when you knock it down.

That's what I do sometimes :)

i've heard there's a pretty dramatic reaction when hit.. but i would guess it depends on the ball, quite a bit.

We shot one off a t a couple weekends ago in the quarry. It bounced and bounced for a long time. Had to hike about 200 yards from where we shot it to get it back.

I'd definitely do it again.

One of my favorite targets to shoot was some 3/8" metal plate welded to a central pivot or hanging from a hinge. Very satisfying to hit, no chance of ricochet because of the movement, and resets itself.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top