JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am sadistic. I use 8x13" targets from 500 meters on out to 1000.
If o could make my own, I would make them from about 10" squares down to 3" squares and build a know your limits rack to set at different ranges.

bet the wind out Prineville way gets tricky
You would bet correct. But that is most of the fun...my range runs perpendicular to this canyon and it looks the same on the other side.Completely unpredictable, other than the fact that it is constant. image.jpg

image.jpg

one of the ears broke so I made a static target out of it

bought these gongs, made the stands, my favorite kind of shooting

Those are very nicely made oli! I'm making a couple of new hanging round gongs to replace my old ones. They were snatched out of my truck bed! My own daMEd fault!:mad: I have a lot of 4" to8-9" rounds stacked in my garage. They are Scandia abrasion resistant steel that I picked up free when I worked in the metal trades. The old set were about 20yrs old. Scandia was some hard azz stuff!

Last Edited:
Those are very nicely made oli! I'm making a couple of new hanging round gongs to replace my old ones. They were snatched out of my truck bed! My own daMEd fault!:mad: I have a lot of 4" to8-9" rounds stacked in my garage. They are Scandia abrasion resistant steel that I picked up free when I worked in the metal trades. The old set were about 20yrs old. Scandia was some hard azz stuff!
thanks, sucks you got ripped off though, still shouldn't have taken it even if it was left out in your truck

Your all gonna hate me.
A 6" plate
in place at long range w/a heavy backboard works great
close range/ pistol, works great...may take 50 rounds before you get your Mo-Jo Workin but everyone goes through that!
then switch straight to the 4"
YES THE 4"
:)

my 2cents....stay away from "ears" that protrude. try a design that has holes within the target, and personally i would stay far away from the edges. i have had several expensive targets bust their ears off and become useless because i don't have a cost effective way to put new holes in them.

my 2cents....stay away from "ears" that protrude. try a design that has holes within the target, and personally i would stay far away from the edges. i have had several expensive targets bust their ears off and become useless because i don't have a cost effective way to put new holes in them.
If they were 6" or smaller you could maybe duct tape all around the edge including a bit of something to hook into a whole bunch of times. It will look crappy and you'll have to re-tape it every so often but it should work with the lighter smaller gongs.

That's my back-up plan anyway when my ear cracks off. Those targets are $pendy ! Just bought my 1st and shot it today hung off a shepherd's garden hook at aprox 75/80 yds with my .223. Somebody was hanging out in my usual spot so I couldn't get the distance I wanted. It's ar500 and held up good but did leave a few small marks at that close range. 9mm just removed paint as did .22 of course.

Anyway I'm hooked and plan to buy more!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads