JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OP is new to guns, probably also new to forums, and I'm guessing English is not his first language. He doesn't seem to me to be a troll. Rather, he seems to be asking questions at an earlier stage that you can really formulate questions, and with less info than it takes to make the questions answerable. He also has tended to vanish after posting a question and then go away for days, which has irritated some of us. After I pointed out that people expect posters of questions to stay around and interact, he did so on this thread. So I'm guessing he is also new to forums. I suggest we just let OP know when he does stuff that irritates us as starting a thread and then disappearing. And I counsel that we exercise patience. Once OP has his first shooting course, his questions will likely get much better.

OP worries about the possibility his friend might be uncomfortable with human-shaped targets -- the friend he needs to provide rides to the shooting courses. OP isn't concerned with the shape of targets himself. The friend apparently has some interest in shooting, though not as much as OP. I'm guessing OP wants his friend to enjoy the courses as much as possible so he will have both a shooting buddy and a means of transportation to the courses.

OP is new to guns, probably also new to forums, and I'm guessing English is not his first language.
Someone else suggested this earlier. I'm not buying it. Post # 23 is just a little too cute and grammar perfect (if not punctuation).

Plus the OP ignores or declines to answer direct questions. He has not joined the discussion in any relevant way to address the responses to his question.

I'm betting we're being pranked.
BTW, have you seen all the ads for fake book shelves and mantles and mailboxes to conceal guns???

The OP asking about an AR and a coffee table was not only not a troll, that damn thing exists!
Lucky guess on his part?

BTW, have you seen all the ads for fake book shelves and mantles and mailboxes to conceal guns???

The OP asking about an AR and a coffee table was not only not a troll, that damn thing exists!
That sounds cool. Also space might be a problem. I can't go in to the walls unless it's something like a clock or picture frame going up

That sounds cool. Also space might be a problem. I can't go in to the walls unless it's something like a clock or picture frame going up
Nobody cares about that. This thread is about pizza now.

Maybe you could put a pizza in one.

Or a pizza that conceals a handgun. Nobody would look at a pizza box and think; "hey, I bet there's a handgun in there".

Don't get sucked into the cute hide-a-gun gimmicks. All the crooks are on the internet too and they already know what to look for in a home. If you want a secure firearm get a gun safe and bolt it down!

Nobody cares about that. This thread is about pizza now.

Maybe you could put a pizza in one.

Or a pizza that conceals a handgun. Nobody would look at a pizza box and think; "hey, I bet there's a handgun in there".
How about guns on top of pizza boxes? 🤣

FC5559D3-64BF-493F-BA91-52531BFF5A77.jpeg

My SIL outlived my BIL. They both had a fear of guns, although my BIL did hunt, he was not a gun guy. This same SIL just this month asked me to remove my weapon in her home. So I took it off and rolled it in my coat even though I knew on principle that was making the room less safe.

However, she is also the woman that purchased an AR for her 16 yr old son.

Everything is not black and white, my friend.
Your sister in law sounds VERY confused. You said that she had a fear of guns.

Your BIL had a FEAR of guns yet he hunted with a gun?

Your SIL made you remove your gun in her home (Her right to do that since it is her home.) yet SHE bought an AR for her 16 year old son?!

Crikey!

Where does SHE KEEP the gun that she bought for her 16 year old son and why did she CHOOSE to buy an AR for him if she has a fear of guns?

Plus WHY did she pick that TYPE of gun for her son?

And why did she buy it for him at that AGE if she fears guns and her late husband feared guns?

How the heck does her SON feel about guns and does he shoot this gun with his Mom?!

Has HE or the Mom had BASIC firearm safety classes for all types of guns or ANY TYPE of gun?!

None of her thinking or buying a gun for her son makes ANY sense to me at all.

This is not directed to you but to HER thinking and 'more'!

Old Lady Cate

To be fair, the family dynamic is quite complex, not the least portion of which is that I actually ascended to the Big Chair in the family biz when my BIL passed. I can assure you it was an accommodation I would not normally make for anyone else.

And yeah, Cray-cray is appropriate where certain subjects are concerned. Mostly those requiring logic. 😖
Thank you for this explanation.

She still sounds like a VERY strange woman.

Take care.

Cate

Your sister in law sounds VERY confused. You said that she had a fear of guns.

Your BIL had a FEAR of guns yet he hunted with a gun?

Your SIL made you remove your gun in her home (Her right to do that since it is her home.) yet SHE bought an AR for her 16 year old son?!

Crikey!

Where does SHE KEEP the gun that she bought for her 16 year old son and why did she CHOOSE to buy an AR for him if she has a fear of guns?

Plus WHY did she pick that TYPE of gun for her son?

And why did she buy it for him at that AGE if she fears guns and her late husband feared guns?

How the heck does her SON feel about guns and does he shoot this gun with his Mom?!

Has HE or the Mom had BASIC firearm safety classes for all types of guns or ANY TYPE of gun?!

None of her thinking or buying a gun for her son makes ANY sense to me at all.

This is not directed to you but to HER thinking and 'more'!

Old Lady Cate
You, of all people here, should know why....

Women are NUTS!!! :D

Tell'm it's actually a roostin' pterodactyl and your shot gun lovin' buddy shouldn't have any problems blastin' it away!

And if he doesn't like handguns, give'm this...
C391F7AC-971A-49E0-A2DF-BFF397CE6551.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads