JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's almost time for another Supporting Member giveaway! The NWFA Spring Giveaway will run next month and we need to come up with at least three prizes. Thanks to your generous donations the past couple of months we have a bit more money to spend. We'll also be reaching out to our Supporting Vendors looking for some extra exposure in exchange for additional items for us to give away :)

Ideally prizes will be either universal or allow the winner to choose a specific application. Gift cards work well but they aren't very exciting. A firearm as a grand prize would be great, but we'd have to keep it around $150-$250 (and we'd actually be giving away store credit).

Lets hear your ideas!

Knives are a bit more price efficient and would be a cool momento if it was a decent knife but you can get a lot of nice knives for around $150. No transfers to deal with either.

After that I would guess a shotgun would be cheapest.

Steel targets are getting more sought after.

Ammo.

A safe? Like a quick access shotgun or handgun safe.

If shipping is a concern then knives would be the way to go IMO over gift cards. They can even be ingraved if that's in the budget.

I'd like a Esse 6 if that could be arranged :D

Maybe a training/shooting class/course or a range pass (might have to work out a special deal with whatever ranges if you go the pass route?).
Might be a win-win and the/those vendors would receive "free" advertising/recognition and some monetary allowances might be realized.. ie trade that class etc. for that advertising/recognition for that prize event.
I think an intermediate class would be well received/appreciated.

Gift certificate from:
-Curts Discount Firearms
-Brownells.com
-Benchmade
-Sportsman's Wearhouse
-Amazon
-Keith's Sporting Goods

-The Gun Room for when Velzey wins...lol

$150 @ The Gun Room buys custom Outers cleaning kits, made especially for TGR! One off I bet!!:D

Anyhow In all seriousness.

Gunsmithing services! I can offer that up as a giveaway! But that's not very universal for some. So I am not sure how we could work that out.
And I know some of you and, you would give me your Jimenze ja9 to do a trigger job on and add a tacticool rail!! :eek:

BOBs, Gun cases are all light and low cost to ship.
AR , AK Magazines for the same reason.
How about head gauges too an invaluable tool, maybe in some common calibers?
A gun vice can get at most stores 30-80.00
A NRA membership ? Might be good to get for newbies.

A handmade hunting knife from a NW maker can be had for less then $150.00 as could a combat or other knife. I know when I was knifemaking I sold a number of gift certs to groups and then the winner was able to ORDER exactly what they wanted.

You could talk to a couple of the local knifemakers at the April Oregon Knife collectors show in Eugene and set something up (be sure to ask about lead time)

Just an idea that would combine the gift cert idea with the really cool knife idea.

If you're wanting to give away a gun, something in black powder might be great from a price/logistics standpoint. It's been a while since I've shopped around, but you used to be able to get a pretty good amount of cool for under $250

I could see a Handmade as 1st a cool flash light as 2nd and maybe a hunters or vehicle first aide kit as 3rd.

I mean if we are spending Joes money lets go for it LOL.

I'm not a "supporter" but sticking my neck out here. I know there is a Leupold in Beaverton. The employees get a decent discount maybe get in contact with a guy who knows a guy? Everyone should have spotting scopes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top