JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
so i want to buy a shotgun and i want a cheap but good one funny i know but its just something to get me started with hunting birds and get use to the shotguns i dont know much about shotguns so i was wondering what shotgun is a good one for beginners for bird hunting thanks

You cannot go wrong with either the remington 870 or mossberg 500. If you look around a little (Bi-mart) you can find both these under $300 on sale (and you may even get an extra home defense barrel with the mossberg). I picked up a remington 870 last black friday for $229.99 after the remington rebate.

Like most others have said the Rem 870 or the Mossberg 500. Both are really popular and are fine shotguns. That means you can find parts and accessories for them. I've had an 870 since I was a child and it will probably outlast me.

I've taken many ducks with my Mosberg-500 (w/28" barrel and modified choke). I recently bought a Weatherby SA-08 semi-auto from Bimart and LOVE IT... its almost like you can't miss if you do your part! It was on sale @ Bimart for $370-ish... couldn't beat it with a stick!

You cannot go wrong with either the remington 870 or mossberg 500. If you look around a little (Bi-mart) you can find both these under $300 on sale (and you may even get an extra home defense barrel with the mossberg). I picked up a remington 870 last black friday for $229.99 after the remington rebate.

Does anyone know (about) how often Bi Mart runs these on sale? I am looking for something with a shorter barrel for home defense but would not mind having the combo. Probably prefer Remington but Mossberg works too..........

You can go to bi-mart-dot-com and see their ads anytime, you just have to troll for it as I haven't seen any specific "advertisment cycle" on any particular firearm... much like daily trolling the classifieds on this site when wanting a particular piece, be at "the right place at the right time" kinda thing.

First shotgun I owned I picked up for $50 at a garage sale from a widow. It was a beat up H&R single shot 20 guage and I started hunting grouse and shooting clay pigeons with it. I prefer it to my newer pump Mossberg 535 for toting around in the woods. I'd say that's a great gun to start out with and you can pick 'em up for a little over a hundred bucks at Bi Mart. St

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top