JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know the Starkey area well, but I have the option to hunt Catherine Creek which is any bull during the controlled season. I have the option to hunt Catherine Creek with people that know the area. Starkey is for "spike only". Anyone know Catherine Creek and can advise if I should go there or stay in Starkey? Thanks.

Did you draw a controlled bull tag for Catherine Creek? If so hunt that unit. If you didn't draw a controlled tag you might be relegated to hunting Starkey second season. Your opportunity is better with the any bull tag in your pocket than it is for the few spikes still running around after first season.

My daughter and I have tags for Catherine Creek and our buddies. Guessing we will take your advise and do CC; unless weather rains us out or what ever.

I havent hunted rifle season over in that area for a few years but other than last years wet fall the last week of October for the 1st season controlled hunt typically is pretty mild.
I'd be more worried about getting wet or snowed on during the second season.
Go all in on that controlled hunt in CC.
Have fun, learn new ground and shoot the first bull you see.
Congrats on drawing a tag. I drew nada for rifle, archery, and premium tags for Eastern OR.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top