JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1100 yards, a steel buffalo 2 out of 3 shots hit with a custom 30-378 Arch a 180 gr bullet at over 3340 fps...a muzzle brake I designed and made for it, otherwise 3 shots would be insanely painful!!

DSC01172.jpg
Not my shot but my wife shot this bull at 842yds last season. I did the math and she pulled the trigger.
DSC01017.jpg
A friend of mine with his bear that was shot at just over 650yds last season
DSC00121-2.jpg
Got this one at 719yds two years ago.

With the Remington 700, .222 & handloads, the starling was nailed at 160 yards. Checking him out, the bullet hit him one quarter inch higher than I thought it would. The 700 once shot a 5 shot group, 28/100ths of an inch at 100 yards. Once, a 4 shot group was 20/100ths of an inch at the 100 yard mark. The rifle (with 16 power scope) was as it came from it's box....even with the heavy 5 pound trigger.

From a sitting position the pigeon died at 126 yards with my Remington 581 .22 rifle. Lining up on the pigeon twice, the rifle seemed shaky. Trying a third time, the rifle scope showed less shake. For a fraction of a second, the image went steady & I nudged the trigger.

With my Weihrauch .177 air rifle, I was targeting shooting at 30 yards from a sitting position. Midway through a set of targets, a small fly landed on the target off to one side. Setting my scope sights on the fly, I carefully let a pellet go. After the shot, I saw no bug splat, so figgered I missed. After finishing off the rest of my target run, I went to check my targets. My paper targets were pretty good, but then I looked at the pellet hole in which I thought I'd missed the fly. From one foot away from the target, I squinted & finally noticed that their were six fly legs radiating exactly radially away from the pellet hole. The pellet had hit the fly dead center, only leaving the end halves of the fly legs on the target.

I think my greatest accomplishment, was hitting a tree on the other side of the river with a rock from my David & Goliath sling (not a slingshot). The distance across the river was calculated by two different methods of trigonometry & agreed within 2 yards. The distance was 345 yards or 1035 feet. With that sling I could skip rocks on the water.......at 230 yards distance. A sling is so powerful, it was no miracle that David killed Goliath with a sling. That's the easy part. Just hitting Goliath at all......now there is the difficult & miraculous part.

a bit over 600 yds with 50 BMG. getting pretty good hitting the area the size
of a pie plate, if the wind was right and I didn't allow the recoil to knock my
skinny buhine around.

raymond-

When I was still in the Army,I shot 3" groupings at 850+yrds on a regular basis. When I was training with the M24 SWS I once nailed my mark at 1,200yrds in bad weather, my DI was quite pleased and needless to say so was I.

I did 2200 yards on a watermelon sized rock yesterday with the CheyTac. Took a few rounds to get on but we didnt have a rangefinder that would read that far either. 1453 is our normal set up. Ultramags of different flavors is the usual fodor. The Cheytac was a virgin yesterday. Now it will be the go to for my extreme long range needs. 12 inch steel almost too easy at 1453. Did I mention the wind? We were 5 minutes of wind. That works out to 17MPH full vallue! Cant wait to find a bear this weekend!

Jason

Oh yeah. Nice Pics Jason. Nice braggin board.

I did 2200 yards on a watermelon sized rock yesterday with the CheyTac. Took a few rounds to get on but we didnt have a rangefinder that would read that far either. 1453 is our normal set up. Ultramags of different flavors is the usual fodor. The Cheytac was a virgin yesterday. Now it will be the go to for my extreme long range needs. 12 inch steel almost too easy at 1453. Did I mention the wind? We were 5 minutes of wind. That works out to 17MPH full vallue! Cant wait to find a bear this weekend!

Jason

Oh yeah. Nice Pics Jason. Nice braggin board.

408 or 375?

Clipped a quarter at 50 yards with my Finnish M39 (Mosin Nagant) and cheap Bulgarian surplus ammo. Next time, i'm mounting the quarter on black paper; just can't see it against white paper.

440 yard standing dead-center head shot on a woodchuck with an Interarms Mark X .223. Prone varmint shots are limited to about 600 yards since that's the longest shot possible where I hunt. 12 gauge slug into a deer's heart at 385 yards. Arrow into a squirrel at 47 yards. Long shots take a lot of practice & calm winds.

I get pissed at hunters who take "Hail Mary" shots at game when they never practice beyond 100 yards — and they don't do much of that.

A better question would be, "What's the longest range you practice shooting?".

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top