JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
120 yards, head size rock with a 5.56 piston ar15 with magpul open sights. Loved that rifle, now i am going for 200yards with my modded 10/22 haven't had time to get out and scout a suitable range.

Mine..... 700yds man sized silhouette Iron sights on an AR. But that was a few years ago and have not been able to shoot past 100yrds for lack of a good range.

I know there are some sharpshooters around here, so start bragging!

:D

in real life or in my dreams?

The "Trade Rating" is low by 3
Not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

3", 2 shots(my friends are allergic to rain..) @ 250 yards, w/a 100 yard target, standing. Was w/a remington 700 in 300 win mag, 24" 416 barrel, a used Barska 60mm scope, using bi-mart 150gr remington ammo. Bi-mart bore sighted it then it was kicked around under the bed for month's before it was fired. It was very muddy were i was, I had to constantly re-positioned.the last time i shot a long-action or magnum round, anything with re-coil since i was 14. I paid less than $200 total so i was pretty impressed.

:cool:-would you go for a galvinised garbage can lid at 609 yrds. brwn bar belg. 7 mm rem. mag 180 gr. (sit down knee rest) 1st shot was about 6" low--2nd shot on the money ! close enough for the guys i hunt with--impressed the **** out of myself !

steven

AR15 5.56 w/ trijicon accupoint TR21R, shooting M855. 250-275 yds, 1gallon jug of water, shooting on my feet using sling held tight to keep still. My dad was pretty stoked about it...I was proud

Out in the desert, shooting rock walls I've shot close to where I was aiming up to 500-750yds plus. I would love to shoot at a long range and get it down though

967 yards. 3x4 foot foam board target. 2 of 3 shots on the paper. Room for improvement if I could find a place to practice regularly!

- Savage 12FTR, .308, 30" bull barrel, 175 SMK.

Well there is enough 300yd 22-250 shots on here for me to tell this one.

I bought an old Winchester 30-06 and a scope.Couldn't get it tuned in and had $500 into it.That was alot for me at the time.I didn't know you needed to use the same grain bullet whilst doing this.

Took out my $85 Enfield 303,pure stock from 1943 I believe.
Paced off 200 yds to a milk jug,flipped up the peep and set it at the 200 meter mark.
Put 5 shots thru the jug,first time I shot the gun.

The Winchester didn't stay with me much longer.
Wish I still had the enfield

327 yards milk jug with Remington 700 ltr 308 with Burris 4.5x14x42 during deer season.I love it when people leave jugs of water in the woods for us to shoot,we shot four between my brother in law and myself.The worst part was going to get them,we saw why they were left there.

Soon after i got my PSL-54C, i went to a friend's house near Sweet Home who has 400 yards available to shoot. Took a while sightig in, but we were shooting milk jugs at 400 yards. I now have a better scope on that rifle and i can't wait to get back to his house.

I do fairly well at 800 yards hitting a 3' gong with my PSL-54C,
but I have a low level AK side rail with a 6-24x52 scope on Burris rings. :)
...and I do the "bench rest" style shooting. :s0155:
I can hit a 8.5x11 sheet of writing paper at 400 yards with alarming regularity.

Do you handload for the 7.62x54R?
Try Barnes TSX bullets in your russian.
Good lordy the difference!

500 yards on a young rock chuck, about the size of a quart of beer. that distance gives the rifle to settle back down so you can enjoy the red and green display.:cool:

When the eyes were younger, and the hand was steadier, I picked up my friends 30-06, rested it on his pickup hood, and whacked a 5gal bucket hanging on a fence post across a pasture, what we later determined to be about 700yrds, it earned me a 6pack of beer. Could I do it again today? Maybe, with a bit of luck and 6pack on the table I'll try 1000yrds.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top