JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Eastern oregon, 1600 yds, 4 out of 4 on 12x12 in .50" steel plate. .338 Lapua Mag, 4-16x50 Scmidt scope, McMillan stock from sand bag rest. That was the 4th time I did it that week. Last day got a bit gusty as the weather came in, still made 2 out of 4.

When it comes to actual big game hunting, mine was on the last day, last hour of Elk season a few seasons ago,, 547yds one shot, one kill. Taken with a .30-06 while flying a 165 gr. Fortunately for me the shot was down hill at approx. 40 degrees. The Elk walked about six yards after the shot and went down for keeps. The fun part was getting the old bull out of the hole and was plenty of work for one old man and his twelve year old son.

When I first joined the Marines a very loooong time ago, I hit an enemy combatant with my spear (I told you that it was a long time ago) at a range of about 40 yards. It was not possible to measure the distance because of a dinosaur that was in the area.
Semper Fi

When I went to Edson Range to learn preliminary marksmanship, we used M-14s and the maximum range for "bullseye" targets was 500 meters. I had a preliminary marksmanship instructor fire 10 rounds, off hand, using my rifle and hit the bull all ten times! That really inspired me.

what is the longest distance you have hit a target at?
You mean with your cold bore shot at an unknown distance that you milled the target with your scope at?

850yards Haven't tried anything further.

oh, and that was across a valley with 3 wind corrections and a final of +.5R adjustment.

Shooting on a range with flags is just yanking the trigger in my book. Ranging distance and calling wind with mirage only is shooting.

smacked 'that damn dog that craps on everyones lawn' on the *** at 35 yards with a rock about the size of a big gumball.... just as he was starting to pinch one off on my lawn that had to be mowed that day.

was so pissed, i just saw, hucked rock and then laughed out loud.

damn that was satisfying. still felt bad for the dog.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top