JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had an AR once because every1 told me they were sposed to be acurite but I couldnt hit the target at 53 yards (paced from my truck bed to the rock I was shootin at) so I traded it for my WASR. Best trade I could ever make. The AK is MUCH more acurite.

A few weeks ago shooting a rolling block with black powder loads 45/70 creadmore sight out to 600 yards 24 inch steel plate. Out with my buddy in the Mojave desert in Calif at his gun club.

1100 yds, mansized silhouette with an M60, the cool thing was I repeated it about twenty times, gotta love a tripod.:s0155: other than that 500yds
Marine rifle courses.

Not my longest (longest with a pistol not rifle), but the one that impressed me most was with the Springfield TRP (1911) I use to have. We were over in eastern washington not to far from Quincy and drove my truck up to this old railroad grade above a lake (believe it's called lake trinidad). We were way up above the lake on a cliff and there was a truck tire out on the shore of the lake what I'd figure in excess of 200 yards. Fired my first round with the front sight out of notch (for elevation purpose) and was low. Made my corrections and put the rest of the mag of 230 grain ball thru the middle of the tire. My dad and my buddy Matt were there to see it and amazed. These other dudes shooting a .243 bolt action savage with open sights couldn't even hit the damn thing. They couldn't understand how the **** I did it. Now...could I repeat that? Probably not these days. I was working at a range part time back then and probably put 400-600 rounds down range thru a pistol every sunday I worked.

Does it count that I 'accidentally' hit a quail with my car? Got out, wrapped it in my shirt (assumed it was dead) only to find out that when I got home it flew away when I opened my shirt?

Hosed a 55 gal drum at 1000 yds with a M2HB from a moving ship in mildly rocking seas. Sunk it. Verified by laser distance finder and the ship's Quartermaster. Earned immediate recognition from the Captain as he and the CO's of the other two boats had a case of wine riding on it. Two other boat's gunners tried and failed. It was kinda cool.

I know this is supposed to be our own experience but I have to share that I personally witnessed my father pull off a head shot on a running jack-rabbit at over 315 yards with a pump 30.06. Took him two shots to do it but it was still impressive. One of the coolest shots I've ever seen.

Finally got a chance to shoot at the 600 yard range at Tri-County with my Mosin (iron sights, of course).

They use a 17 inch bullseye type target. Hit paper 8 out of 10 shots on my first string. 2 in the 7 ring, 4 in the 8 ring, and 2 in the 9 ring.

Quite pleased with myself; can't wait to do it again.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top