JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
PERSONALLY, when someone puts FIRM in their ad, I shy away unless their FIRM is WAY below retail............which it usually is NOT.

I like the idea of offering a "little less":D, NOT a low ball offer:(:mad:, for his/her consideration:D:D

:s0140::s0140: Careful now or somebody will call you cheap...:D:D

'FIRM' should make it all go away.
"Firm" only invites those who cannot read.
After going back and forth many times, I will respond if asked "how low..."
I may respond also if it's a first question. If I say OBO, I'll ask what they're offering. If I give a price without OBO, I'll reply, "I listed it at a fair price."
One member here had a rifle I wanted but at the time I only had 1/2 the cash for it. I offered $200 (20%) over his asking plus 1/2 down, to be completed in 1 month or he keeps the deposit. He didn't respond. I had the cash a week later and it took him a month to sell. Fuk 'em.

Well. Just fell off the wagon for my own rules. Certain member had a certain item listed for $110 dollars. I wasn't 1st to reply to the thread but sent conversation. Seller said I was 1st in line, just to run me around and sell it to someone else. Instead of ignoring the stupid and drama like I preach! I played into that one letting the stupid and drama come out. Sometimes it gets the better of you without even trying all that hard.

PERSONALLY, when someone puts FIRM in their ad, I shy away unless their FIRM is WAY below retail............which it usually is NOT.

I like the idea of offering a "little less":D, NOT a low ball offer:(:mad:, for his/her consideration:D:D

Well that makes sense. I shy away from any ad that has a price way over real value even if the seller seems highly flexible, after a LOT of back and forth we're likely to end at a price that is too high anyway.

I won't automatically discount an ad that says "FIRM" unless it's just too high. Even if it IS too high, that guy just saved me a lot of time by being "straight up" and letting me know form the very start "what's the least he'll take".

Its simple. My gun is priced $500. To that question from the buyer my reply is, "$500 is my offer, whats yours?" If Im firm, i say so in the ad; if its OBO then you open the door for responses you dont like.

But is that buyers question worse than the bad habit of some sellers who unreasonably price an item just to fish for what someone might pay, with no real intention of selling? I think I hate that more.

I see a lot of things for sale waaaaaay over priced for what they are. We are all proud of what we have, but that does not mean what we have is going to fetch the amount we want.
I try never to offend a seller or buyer. If I low ball it is under the context that if it does not sell and you need cash with no hurry to reply. You never know.
I hate that question as well, I like to throw it out there in a polite manor and you can respond or not.
I get low balled a lot too and I usually ask cheaper than I should. You just need only to reply "No thank you" and go about your day.

I see a lot of things for sale waaaaaay over priced for what they are. We are all proud of what we have, but that does not mean what we have is going to fetch the amount we want.
I try never to offend a seller or buyer. If I low ball it is under the context that if it does not sell and you need cash with no hurry to reply. You never know.
I hate that question as well, I like to throw it out there in a polite manor and you can respond or not.
I get low balled a lot too and I usually ask cheaper than I should. You just need only to reply "No thank you" and go about your day.

Sometimes after many sales of a variety of things on here you get tired of replying to the same low ballers. It seems that a lot of the time you can put "firm" and still receive the cheap folks offers. If I say "firm" then most of the time I have looked around at prices for the gun used and price it at least 50 under the average price...that may still seem high to some but the buyer can just move on. When I want to buy I NEVER wait around for a seller. If they get back to me great. If not I take my money elsewhere. If they say "firm" I either respond with "I will take it" or do not respond at all.
If I say "no trades" there is still somehow the folks that believe their gun may just win me over...well no it wont. They can try and they can ask silly questions but if the answer to that question is already in my add then no response.

:confused:
o_O
o_O
:confused:

OK...........explain this to me.:confused:

I NEVER posted "I love you 40calruler"......NEVER:(

So where did that come from????????:eek:

Is there a way to post something as if it were someone else's post??:eek:

I still apricciate the sweet PM you sent. However i do not want candy or a ride in your van. I am sure the river is pretty but come one man!

It's been a while since I listed something for sale (clue: it was in the classified ad section of the newspaper), but I well remember the people calling and asking "What's the lowest price you'll take?"

I just assume that those people don't get the concept of negotiating, so I try to help them along by answering their question with another question: "How much are you willing to spend for it?" That gets them to the next stage in negotiation - their "counter-offer". If they don't get it at that point, I just tell them the price is not negotiable.

I didn't learn about the fine art of haggling until I was stationed in the Middle East, where you're expected to haggle over everything. Still, even in the US you need to know the basics of offer and counter-offer unless you're willing to pay the list price and take what's offered.

Jim

I can't take back something I never said.

I am serious about this.

Can someone "Fake" a post by someone else?

WOW!

And i know how ya feel. I looked at my quote reading "BLA BLA BLA" and wondered "when the hell did I write that". Though it amused me quite a bit. Never would have known if you had not opened that door. Thanks for that.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top