JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ya people are funny when you give them another number than what they want. I don't try to beat a man down on his price, I just want to pay what I think it's worth. How do you pick a language that doesn't offend every seller? Maybe there should be a sticky on what is being said in bargaining.:D

The reality is most people suck at negotiations (many of them think they are good and think they know what they are doing, they still suck). Heck for that matter a large portion of the planet sucks at just being a human being.

I find that if I approach a situation, wether a negotiation, transaction or simple business deal, from the git-go with the assumption the other person is an idiot that my expectations are seldom exceeded. I am prepared to act accordingly and mentally in the correct state to handle said idiot. Arguing with an idiot is your first mistake, believing you can educate or enlighten him is your second.

Life is simpler if you just accept the fact that it is difficult, people are idiots and anything that can go wrong will. When you understand this is the case you don't have too invest a bunch of energy being disappointed and angry, you can simply get to work dealing with it. It no longer surprises you, nor do you expect anything less.

Once you see nothing is easy and that life is in fact difficult not just for you but for everyone it no longer matters, you just accept it is and get busy dealing with it.

Another life tip from your uncle Lar....

Last Edited:
Heck for that matter a large portion of the planet sucks at just being a human being.

..... the assumption the other person is an idiot that my expectations are seldom exceeded.

.....people are idiots

Yeah well, I WAS going to offer you your asking price on that gun you have for sale, but being I'm an IDIOT, maybe I should offer MORE than you're asking....:confused::D:rolleyes::rolleyes:o_Oo_O

:s0111:..........................:s0111:.......................:s0111:......................:s0111:

I feel your pain..................................................................................:s0104:

The reality is most people suck at negotiations (many of them think they are good and think they know what they are doing, they still suck). Heck for that matter a large portion of the planet sucks at just being a human being.

I find that if I approach a situation, wether a negotiation, transaction or simple business deal, from the git-go with the assumption the other person is an idiot that my expectations are seldom exceeded. I am prepared to act accordingly and mentally in the correct state to handle said idiot. Arguing with an idiot is your first mistake, believing you can educate or enlighten him is your second.

Life is simpler if you just accept the fact that it is difficult, people are idiots and anything that can go wrong will. When you understand this is the case you don't have too invest a bunch of energy being disappointed and angry, you can simply get to work dealing with it. It no longer surprises you, nor do you expect anything less.

Once you see nothing is easy and that life is in fact difficult not just for you but for everyone it no longer matters, you just accept it is and get busy dealing with it.

Another life tip from your uncle Lar....

Well thanks for letting me know where I stand if I wanted to do business with you.:D Your high regard for your fellow man is dully (spelled correctly:D) noted.

Not you guys of course, Just everyone else :D

Tell me I'm wrong?

There are plenty of brilliant folks in the world, millions in fact.

That still leaves 6+ billion idiots.

Besides you are always pleasantly surprised when you expect an idiot and a rewarded with an intelligent interesting fellow.

When you expect an interesting and intelligent fellow but are greeted by a bumbling idiot it's far less likely you will enjoy your encounter.

I stand by it, reallity is not kind.

I am not a mental giant, I freely admit I am someone else's idiot more often than not.

Seeing the world as it is, not how you would like it to be makes living a much more enjoyable journey.

I am not a mental giant, I freely admit I am someone else's idiot more often than not.

Seeing the world as it is, not how you would like it to be makes living a much more enjoyable journey.

I have a high opinion of people who use their head for more than just a hat rack. It's a learning world for everyone.

I tend to think of the utility of a gun or the collectability of it. The semi auto nature of the gun makes it too loud when you try to suppress it. The action makes the most noise as the blow back from the suppressor pushes gas out the action. Plus it lights up in the dark when you fire the gun.

The 45acp isn't a good carbine caliber to me. There are better ones in 357 on up that give you more power and range. The drop on a suppressed 45 takes a lot of holdover even out to 100 yards. If I wanted to carry something in a pistol caliber that didn't fit a holster it would be a subgun.:D

Well, I found another one for you. It has both utility and collectibility - a Hi-Point JHP .45 for the low price of $400, with "bullets"! At that price, it must be a collectible.

You should move fast, I'm sure it won't be around long ;)

http://www.armslist.com/posts/4240243/portland-oregon-handguns-for-sale--45

Sometimes a scary journey, trying to figure out how it has lasted as long as it has LOL

I got you figured out on you think we are all idiots post...

I think you are an introvert , caring about humanity but hating human beings simultaneously :D

Sometimes I'll ask "What's the least you'll take?" Because their price is totally unacceptable to me. Instead of wasting my time and their's with the usual back and forth negotiation, we can cut to the chase. If their response is low enough I'll buy it, if not I'll thank them and look elsewhere. Usually I do this ONLY if it's something I don't NEED, only really interested if I can get a good deal. If they get cutesy, I just take that as a sign we're probably not gonna agree on a price.

Honestly, I surprised anyone would be offended by this or any other negotiation technique.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top