JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What's the least I'll take?? :rolleyes:

View attachment 228145

Well then you will not be getting my

dr.jpg

I replied to an add that had two different towns as where the gun seller deals from. I asked a simple question thinking the seller must travel between the towns and mine is along the way. I asked if he ever got close to my town and his answer was "why". I gave up on the deal right there.:s0158:

the way I do it eliminates a lot of tire kickers. simply put the word 'firm' after your price if u are at your lowest price.
Most people like to haggle, I do not. If the price is right I buy it.If I'm the seller,my price is my price.

I agree but if I believe the buyer is serious I am more accepting of a direct approach such as "OK, what is your bottom line cash price" - BECAUSE I typically do have a bottom line I will not go under - and if I believe the buyer to be serious (such as being shown cash) then I am not going loose a sale over 'semantics'. HOWEVER the original question "What is the least you'll take" has a hint of 'weakness" and lack of seriousness - especially if it is asked over the phone or online and I detect no evidence of 'seriousness' from the buyer

Funny. I didn't realize it upset folks. I ask the question all the time. I do point out my feedback rating and let sellers know I absolutely hate haggling, but if their price is fair they have a buyer in me. Done it that way many times. Now I can totally understand the frustration with tire kickers, etc., asking that question. What kills me is the people with zero feedback and 8 total comments on their profile asking $550 for a Gen 3 Glock.

WHENEVER I am asked "Are you firm on your price" or similar question, I ALWAYS respond with"No, I'll take more".

Usually get a chuckle and "relaxes" any negotiations/conversations that follow.

I'm dealing RIGHT NOW with a guy texting;

Him; Do you still have the 1911"

Me; Yes

Him; Can you send photos

Me; Only photos I have are in ad

Him; OK :)

Him; You want $500, right?

A minute later from him; Oh, Ok, and his phone #......

My reaction...........ignore..............On to the next............

the way I do it eliminates a lot of tire kickers. simply put the word 'firm' after your price if u are at your lowest price.
Most people like to haggle, I do not. If the price is right I buy it.If I'm the seller,my price is my price.

A little finger work, such as.....I see a gun that I REALLY like and want. I go right to looking at Bud's, GunBroker, Guns America etc. Searches also take you to forums where people are asking "Was this a good price for XXXXX". I know online gun shops tend to be high, and forums tend to be out dated a bit. I WANT the gun the trusted seller here has, and from MY research the price is fair. I just PM "I'll take it", with an in person inspection though.
My worry is if I were to offer less, I'd lose the gun and be kicking myself. I waited with an older Rossi .44 Special some time ago and still think about it at times.

Mike

I dunno, I just can't see the value in some of the guns being sold. For what it is the gun just isn't worth what they want to me. They tend to want huge money for guns that really don't seem worth it compared to what you could buy for the same money.

$850 for a pistol caliber carbine when I can buy a AR for the same amount. Ya it's all what you think the gun is worth to you but I would never buy for the high dollars people want. I do without.:D

Or the guy that wants $600 for his glock that everyone else is selling for $450, what a waste of bandwidth. We all have different ideas of value, I look more to the utility on most guns and the real quality of the high dollar stuff.

I hear that! I may ask a higher point than I want at times but not in the "crazy" range. I felt like a very popular guy when I posted my M&P recently. I went with 450 although it was still in great shape with 3 mags. I looked at other prices after getting a ton of responses and saw that a lot of people are trying to sell that gun for 550-600 even sometimes....with only 2 mags.
Thankfully I ended up getting a trade offer from a respectable member here and was very happy at the end of the day. However even with a good price and I believe the word "firm" on my add I had people offering me 350 to 400 a couple times a day. Was frustrating and kinda turned me off of just throwing my "low" price out right away. I had to weed through so much garbage to find the good offers it made me just want to ask a higher price on what I have now and know that I will take a lower offer.
Seems to me there is no way not to get the obnoxious messages here no matter how we try to handle it.

: 1253667, member: 380"]I dunno, I just can't see the value in some of the guns being sold. For what it is the gun just isn't worth what they want to me. They tend to want huge money for guns that really don't seem worth it compared to what you could buy for the same money.

$850 for a pistol caliber carbine when I can buy a AR for the same amount. Ya it's all what you think the gun is worth to you but I would never buy for the high dollars people want. I do without.:D

Or the guy that wants $600 for his glock that everyone else is selling for $450, what a waste of bandwidth. We all have different ideas of value, I look more to the utility on most guns and the real quality of the high dollar stuff.[/QUOTE]

About 1 hour ago, I sold my Taurus 1911 for exactly what I was asking.

BUT!

The guy HAD THE NERVE to ask me "What is the bottom line you will take for the gun".

Bass-Turd!

I quoted my bottom line, as was advertised on ARMSLIST (Armslist sells 90% of my guns...:(), and he said "OK, let's do this"......

Nice guy, except for that NERVY QUESTIONo_Oo_O:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:confused::confused::cool::cool::mad::mad::(:(;);)

BUT!

The guy HAD THE NERVE to ask me "What is the bottom line you will take for the gun".

Bass-Turd!

I quoted my bottom line, as was advertised on ARMSLIST (Armslist sells 90% of my guns...:(), and he said "OK, let's do this"......

Nice guy, except for that NERVY QUESTIONo_Oo_O:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:confused::confused::cool::cool::mad::mad::(:(;);)

I hope you stood him up after that nonsense, The nerve of some people.

BUT!

Bass-Turd!

Like. Mostly for the new signature line ;)

Like. Mostly for the new signature line ;)
You know i wasn't sure of the posting of that sig line because some people might get offended by it but I thought what the hell im trying to make a comment which i really think reflects a lot of the posters who post on postable forums those of which are trying to reach out to those who have no idea that posts that go on and on without a breath in the typing come off as rants and rants are really not something that most posters want to read because ranters dont really know what they are ranting about they just have no forum to express their frustrations that face everyone in life being this life or past life or future life which i totally understand but what the hell posters and ranters i really think you might want to consider breathing between some words that you type because otherwise..................ah never mind :D

You know i wasn't sure of the posting of that sig line because some people might get offended by it but I thought what the hell im trying to make a comment which i really think reflects a lot of the posters who post on postable forums those of which are trying to reach out to those who have no idea that posts that go on and on without a breath in the typing come off as rants and rants are really not something that most posters want to read because ranters dont really know what they are ranting about they just have no forum to express their frustrations that face everyone in life being this life or past life or future life which i totally understand but what the hell posters and ranters i really think you might want to consider breathing between some words that you type because otherwise..................ah never you mind my rant:D

Looks like a poster that had too much caffeine.:D

Not sure if this reply is worth a hoot cause I just can't seem to put myself in your shoes cause I don't know where they have been cause I ain't a mind reader or do tarot cards or any of that other crap that might put me on an empathetic level so we can discuss your day and drinking habits but I do understand the joy of money in your pocket from selling guns so you can go out and buy more guns to sell later for even more joy if you can just keep enough caffeine going so you can make it through your day.:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top