JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe we should.

For some medical procedures maybe you have planned ahead and will pay from your medical savings plan.
Did you ask the doctor for a cash discount? If you get 10% off a $1000 procedure, that is what ... a day at the range.

LOL!!! Only if you don't shoot .22's!

Yeas ago a fella was selling an old Husqvarna 30-06 and wanted $500 for it. He approached me, and I offered $450. He didn't want to budge. I advised that I already had a custom FN 30-06, so I didn't need another rifle in that caliber. The gun was well used. I was thinking of rebarreling and customizing another rifle anyway. My offer was decent for Blue Book. He became indignant and left in a huff. A month later, here he comes all smiles and said he sold the rifle for $500 after advertising in the local paper. I asked him how much his ad cost. He said $50. I just smiled and shook my head. Then it dawned on him..... Math is so fickle for some folks.

Kinda bummed today, not much really high quality stuff for sale here in a long time. How can a man lowball when there is no high dollar stuff to begin with? Maybe more coffee will help.:D

Kinda bummed today, not much really high quality stuff for sale here in a long time. How can a man lowball when there is no high dollar stuff to begin with? Maybe more coffee will help.:D

There's a Marlin Camp Carbine in .45acp, take a stab at that one - plus it's "rare".

Be patient, as soon as the Oregon universal background check is just about to be signed into law, there will be a plethora of marked up firearms for sale.

Not sure why I would want one. They dont suppress well.:D

Well, at least it's threaded. Maybe you could slip on one of Ruger's famous flash hiders their so fond of throwing on their .22's

I did a quick check, and on AL alone, there is a wide spread on those Marlin .45 carbines - from a low of $650 up to $1,100. I wouldn't mind having one in the collection, but I'd never pay those prices.

When browsing the for sale ads (I never look at the WTB ads because I don't want to sell my stuff) when I come onto an item I like and wish to purchase I do one of two things:

1. I'll take it.
2. "what is the least you will take"

I choose number one if the price is at all reasonable and especially not more than retail.

I choose number two if the price is crazy high or even greater than retail. I'm simply giving the seller a chance to get realistic.

For sellers that post a higher than retail price and then fish for best offer, I see their methods as a sort of auction. I don't play the auction game. Post a reasonable price and I'll buy. Post an unreasonable price and I'll email "what is the least you will take". If the seller doesn't respond, I just move on. It's a big pond folks and lots of fish out there.

Well, at least it's threaded. Maybe you could slip on one of Ruger's famous flash hiders their so fond of throwing on their .22's

I did a quick check, and on AL alone, there is a wide spread on those Marlin .45 carbines - from a low of $650 up to $1,100. I wouldn't mind having one in the collection, but I'd never pay those prices.

I tend to think of the utility of a gun or the collectability of it. The semi auto nature of the gun makes it too loud when you try to suppress it. The action makes the most noise as the blow back from the suppressor pushes gas out the action. Plus it lights up in the dark when you fire the gun.

The 45acp isn't a good carbine caliber to me. There are better ones in 357 on up that give you more power and range. The drop on a suppressed 45 takes a lot of holdover even out to 100 yards. If I wanted to carry something in a pistol caliber that didn't fit a holster it would be a subgun.:D

If the price is fair, I'll usually say "I'll take it" and it's done. If the seller is a little out there on the price, rather than ask "...what's the least you'll take..." I usually ask "...what's your best price for cash, today, right now..?..."

Maybe it's semantics, maybe its BS, but that subtle difference is wording is almost always taken more positively.

One observation - B.B.S.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top