JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For a quality, affordable fixed blade, ESEE is hard to beat.

For a quality EDC folder, I'd recommend the high end version of the Benchmade Griptillian.

For a cheap and reliable do-it-all camp knife, you cant really go wrong with a Morakniv companion.

There are lots of expensive, custom options out there and what works best largely depends on what you're doing with it.

For a quality, affordable fixed blade, ESEE is hard to beat.

For a quality EDC folder, I'd recommend the high end version of the Benchmade Griptillian.

For a cheap and reliable do-it-all camp knife, you cant really go wrong with a Morakniv companion.

There are lots of expensive, custom options out there and what works best largely depends on what you're doing with it.
for my EDC I like spydercos a lot.I also like kershaws. I prefer autos, but also like the Manix 2 an awful lot. I have two different steeled blades on 2 of those. Then again I own an absurd number of pocketknives.

I'd suggest the Kershaw select fire. Has a little ruler, a screwdriver, and can hold 4 different bits. I use it all the time and even more than I'd usually use a knife since I can just whip it out and take care of whatever needs a screwing. ;)

I like my chef's knife custom forged from Tony Fetters who is a Forged in Fire Champion

9AF6B327-2629-45EC-941B-898F1EAB31A3.jpeg

So many different tasks, so many different blades.
Tonight discovered how a Wusthof bread knife with a superb edge will go through a hard crust sour dough like butter, not damaging the loaf at all.

When I'm camping + hunting or fishing, I'll have four or five blades, two fixed, two folders, and perhaps a straggler of some sort or a "blade trader".

Daily carry, and the two that do most of the work because they're what's on me: Buck 110 folder / Benchmade Bailout.

I like the fixed blade pocket carry, but I'm not sure that $450 is justified on that thing. Is it made from tears of a baby or blessed by a virgin or something?
I've tried multiple carry fixed blades. I've spent a lot of money on them. Lost money. But after listening to the mindset and reasoning behind the he blade I wanna get my hands on one.

I like the fixed blade pocket carry, but I'm not sure that $450 is justified on that thing. Is it made from tears of a baby or blessed by a virgin or something?
I would have a hard time with the price as well.

Its design is legit, as Rapier was known as a top killer with both firearms and knives, so it's been tested in actual hand-to-hand...so there's the tears and virgin thing...

I don't think there's a THE BEST knife, just like gear...you'll have to find a design that works in harmony with how you operate.

I'm right handed...carry the pistol on the right side and the Amtac blade on the left side in front, like a aiwb holster, but at a strong angle that puts the handle towards the center line. I still carry a folder as well, but that's for the everyday use thing...opening mail, boxes etc.

I would have a hard time with the price as well.

Its design is legit, as Rapier was known as a top killer with both firearms and knives, so it's been tested in actual hand-to-hand...so there's the tears and virgin thing...

I don't think there's a THE BEST knife, just like gear...you'll have to find a design that works in harmony with how you operate.

I'm right handed...carry the pistol on the right side and the Amtac blade on the left side in front, like a aiwb holster, but at a strong angle that puts the handle towards the center line. I still carry a folder as well, but that's for the everyday use thing...opening mail, boxes etc.
Then again I've contemplated a Microtech OTF, but I keep nixing it due to young kids.

I've tried multiple carry fixed blades. I've spent a lot of money on them. Lost money. But after listening to the mindset and reasoning behind the he blade I wanna get my hands on one.
You're talking to the dude that carries a WC in Turnbull blue, I ain't judging.

Very well said Andy-

My go-to for any hunting is my BlackJack 13, for me it's the best length, heft and blade edge. The EDC is a benchmade AFO 1.

The original question is very non-specific indeed- I just bought a meatcrafter for use in boning out deer in the field and processing- we have an issue with transporting deer in our unit due to the spread of chronic wasting disease. Boning out in the field wasn't a lot of fun with a heavy blade.
I use the BM Steep Country for my field dressing work. I considered the meatcrafter, but decided it was not the right blade for skinning deer and elk due to the length and curvature of the blade. Do you use a different knife for skinning? I only want to carry one knife, so for me the Steep Country is the do-it-all for me for hunting. I have been very happy with it.

Totally get that the meatcrafter would be great for deboning where the sharp curved tip could be great to avoid leaving meat on the bone when harvesting.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top