JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have two boxer dogs that are ever vigilant. An 18.5" 590A1 with Hogue 12" LOP stock for outdoor yard trouble and a Glock 30 for indoor trouble. If (god forbid) the trouble has reached my sons room, I'm grabbing an accurate autoloading rifle.

Sig Pro .40 on the bedside table, glock 17 in the duty belt on the floor, ruger blackhawk in .45 ACP on my wife's side, mossberg 500 with 8 rounds of buckshot in one corner, AR in the other corner. Locking bar on bedroom door, deadbolt, steel door, alarm, video camera, and wedge bar on front (and only) door. Lever action .45 in the dining room, XD40 on top of fridge and another XD in the living room.

Sig Pro .40 on the bedside table, glock 17 in the duty belt on the floor, ruger blackhawk in .45 ACP on my wife's side, mossberg 500 with 8 rounds of buckshot in one corner, AR in the other corner. Locking bar on bedroom door, deadbolt, steel door, alarm, video camera, and wedge bar on front (and only) door. Lever action .45 in the dining room, XD40 on top of fridge and another XD in the living room.

You are my new hero!!! I thought I was ready for anything. Time to go back to shcool I guess.

First off, greetings to all on this site. I am new to NWF but not new to handguns.

To answer the OP's question, my current HD weapon is the Glock 20 with a surefire weaponlight attached in a holster near my bedside. My better half has her XD-40 with a TLR-1 weaponlight attached near her bedside, too.

:s0162:

After Jesse the Vigilant wakes me up, laying in bed I can reach .22 pistol, .22 rifle, or the first knife I grab from the night stand. After sitting up I can reach the 870 or the Model 97 pump. (Nothing quite like the sound of a pump being work to get ANY intruder's attention!) They're "only" loaded w/ #6 or 8 shot but even shooting the entire length of my house, that will only spread out to about 6". And, usually, either a Colt SAA or a .45 ACP at the bedside. The nice thing is, I can cover the entire house except the laundry room from my bedroom doorway.

I have a 95 LB Lab and a Boston terrier that are great alarms and I keep a 1911 next to the bed, but out of reach so I have to be awake to get it and my better half keeps a PM 9 on her side.

Ruger P345 for me, InterArms .380 for her, Rem m887 12-guage with 7 rnds Hexolite 32 where either of us can reach it.
Also flashlights and phones on our bookcases.

The dog, who otherwise seems able to bark at anything else, slept through the attempted break in Monday where in I woke up and went out to investigate and confront the cheese dick. The Sig Blackwater P226 I keep nearby stayed home for the event. As did the dog.

Sadie-May_the_trailer_park_Floozie_small.jpg

Since the nightstand would be cramped with these 2, the question is do the sandbag emplacements in the bedroom bother you much? :s0114:

DSC05136.jpg

Sig P220R w/TLR-3 and Crimson Trace grips.
I have opted for frangible +P due to others in the home.
I am not concerned that I only have 8 rounds, it will be enough.

pit bull
12 ga pump shotgun with 1st round loaded of rubber buck shot, then 4 more of 00 buckshot. none in the chamber (husband goes for this)
XD-9mm with 3 mags of hollow points next to the bed. I go for this one.
....and we live in the country....so hopefully the likelihood of an invasion is much less....but if it happens the likelihood of anybody hearing are also much less...and the likelihood of the police getting there in under 15 minutes are also very low...

I have a Rossi .38 Special 5-shot revolver, and a Mossberg 500 shotgun. I keep 5 rounds in the revolver, and 6 in a "Belt hanger" Ammo carrier, and I have the 1st round of the shotgun is a blank, then a Rubber ball, after that is 4 rounds of No.4 Buckshot. My plan is that if a BG breaks in, I give a warning, and if that doesent work, i retreat to my room (which has about 24 assaorted guns all locked up) and funnel the intruder into a "Kill Zone". They would have to pass through a narrow hallway to get me, and I could pump buckshot into that area very quickly. Since there are no kind around, I can keep my primary defense guns unlocked. Then I have my AK-47 (SHTF gun) which has 4 30-round mags, and a 75-round drum at the ready. but that guns is for if things get really bad. Overall, no bad guy is gonna want to pick my house.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top