JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's a person who has a residence in Oregon.

I think you were looking for a more esoteric answer, but I really don't take any pride in something that was the sole result of my parents geographical location approximately 9 months after conception.
I reserve pride for personal accomplishments, not happenstance.

Oregonian.

For me, also the simple answer is you were born in Oregon. Though, really that seems too simple of an answer. And in many ways an un-American answer.

To me it is someone who lives in Oregon and breaths in Oregon's culture. Of course, that begs the question what is Oregon's culture? Well, I've always seen the ideal of Oregonians. People who are open to new ideas, and aren't afraid to try different things. But at the same time respect a person's personal beliefs. I've seen groups over the years show up and forget that we are our own mini-melting pot. To me it is someone who will fight within the system to make changes which benefit more than just their narrow view.

We are an odd mix of rural and urban. The people in the cities try to respect that while in their cities some laws don't make sense, in the rural areas they are a fact of life. And the opposite is true as well.

The extreme groups. Be it the OCA trying to remove hate crime laws against homosexuals, to Cascadia Rising Tide spiking trees to stop logging. Neither belong in my Oregon.

My Oregon accepts everyone, but understands that while we each may have our own value in the end we want to be left alone to live our life as we see fit.

Of course, I get a very idealistic when it comes to what an Oregonian is and isn't.

Some one who was born in Oregon. All others are something else.

Born here in the town I live in have lived in and will be living in until I die.

^this^

I moved across the river twenty years ago because Portlandia isn't Oregon anymore, it is Portlandia. There was a time when you rarely met anyone in Portland who wasn't born and raised in Portland.

Washington, Idaho and parts of western Montana and Wyoming used to also be Oregon.

Oregonians are natives born to the political boundary. You can not become an Oregonian any other way.

Mossy, crusty nasty windblown ol farts that love a good fight.
Born & raised here. Been everywhere, but didn't lose anything outside oregon worth leaving again to go get. I can get lost or found here in the blink of an eye. Prefer the gettin lost best though. Too many fig lovin liberals here now. But get free hunting and fishing licenses and half price elk tags and the freezer and smoker is always full of salmon.
Native Oregonian. :D

Some one who was born in Oregon. All others are something else.

Absolutely !
That is a Native Oregonian.
The rest are just wannabees :D

My family has been here ever since a certain french trapper and his squaw started my known family tree here in Oregon.
I consider myself an Oregonian.
I would also like to include that I think Oregonians care about things concerning our state and economy.

thanks to unkle sam I was born in California, let me explain. born to parents born in Oregon, dad was overseas for the korea b.s. mom moved to the alameda naval air station to deliver the wonderful bundle of joy now known as sheepdip. very shortly after the delivery we were back home in Oregon. lived in sisters in the mid fifties/early sixties. moved to madras about 66. been here in the valley since 86. I am an Oregonian!

A person whose seen mostly Libs ruin there state. Why?

Born and raised in this state. Born to a father who was born and raised in this state and only lived elsewhere during the Korean war. I'm not that old, but I agree with the above statement, especially since I live in the Portland area where it's probably most F-ed up besides Eugene.

I was raised i eastern Oregon and have the "original" values of the people who came here. Not the same as the majority of the Portland residents...

thanks to unkle sam I was born in California, let me explain. born to parents born in Oregon, dad was overseas for the korea b.s. mom moved to the alameda naval air station to deliver the wonderful bundle of joy now known as sheepdip. very shortly after the delivery we were back home in Oregon. lived in sisters in the mid fifties/early sixties. moved to madras about 66. been here in the valley since 86. I am an Oregonian!
Sweet! I lived in Sisters from 66 to 68! What a great little town (then). Moved to John Day in 68. Gawd, I miss that side of the state.

I, am a certified, Naturalized Oregonian. I have lived in the State of Jefferson, almost all of my life. Lived in all three Left Coast States, and on both sides of Washington State, the Wet Side, & the Dry Side.

I learned a valuable skill when my young Wife & I moved from The State of Jefferson, to Pierce County Washington... That was, you will only be an "Outsider" as long as you want to be... If I moved BACK to Ferry County, WA, from here, where my family of Four built a 2 story log cabin I would not only be instantly accepted, but half of the County seat would come to the Home Coming Party. We were ~accepted~ by Second, & Third Generation Ferry County Citizens, and yet put Down, by a misfit family, that moved there from Alaska !!!!

After my wife passed, I needed to redo my life. When I looked anywhere, I saw her there, places we had been. I needed to move.

Did not have the $$$$ to move back Washington, besides, she & I were there...

I remembered, our travels, how we loved Oregon, traveling through the state, ended up on the Oregon Coast, in '93. Well, I quickly re-adapted myself, to ocean life, this time, not just Puget Sound Weather.

I knew Kommie Fornians who got hit with a mere drizzle, and say Oh My its a HuriKane !!!! Snicker, they did not know a light Washington Mist, from a drizzle, OR a spritz of rain!!!

It was shortly after the December 12, 1995 storm... When I was being teased by a third generation Oregonian, and, me helping her MOVE, her household, at the Momment!!! I said to her Young Lady, just. WHAT does it take, for an old codger like me, to be considered at least a Naturalized Oregonian, dab nab it ???? then I reminded her that I had ~stood through~ 118 MPH winds on 12/12/95, and repaired houses by the dozen after that... Did not THAT count, towards becoming a Naturalized Oregonian????

She sighed, "Yes, I guess ~So~ ...." And she gave me my Naturalized Oregonan Certificate.... But you can't see it, cause its way to special, to show to just any ol' person !!!!

Our Local library there, got a head librarian, who dresses just like he did, when he still lived in Boston, three piece suits, and all... i told him, "this was Filson & Carhartt Country, at least for getting to your car, and from your car"... i wanted to give him a gag gift, of a tie made from a worn out pair of Carhartt loggers Pants, complete with the diesel smell .... But I ain't Never seen a completely Worn Out pair of the same !!!!

That there is an Oregonian, by dab Nab it, knowing there is Sixteen kinds of rain on the Coast, being able to tell to the minutewhen a line squall will hit your construction site, so you can hang twelve more cedar shakes, get off the 18/12 pitch A frame, and to your car, just as that first spritz hits you... Thats there is Coastal Oregonian, don't you know...

Philip, in the Boon Docks, off'n HWY 36, where we had a spat of water fall this morning, but no where's near to a sprinkle of rain.....

Hey Caveman, my FIL lived in Grays Harbor area, Pre St. Helen's loosing her cool... ;) He ran a yard care business, out of a back pack, and his clients big tools, with a News Paper Ad that said "to busy to come in out of the RAIN" and his name, phone number! He would accept all landscaping business, including Tree Care, which he subbed out to me, his SIL. Now that there Is A WahsingBubblegumedTonion!

philip
Who just noticed where you be...

Last Edited:
Go placidly amid the volcanic ash, and remember what peace there may be found in carpooling.
As far as possible, be on good terms with your neighbor as often as the sun shines.
Surround yourself with that which is pleasant, never holding onto more than an ounce of anything.
Always plan on good weather, however, speak softly and carry a big umbrella.
Be pure & clean, and drink only that which is naturally brewed.
Remember, you are a child of the Oregon Trail, pay not a sales tax and never litter.
Be kind to the dull & ignorant, for they shall inherit the city council chambers.
Nurture your strength of spirit, for you will need it when returning your empties.
Never be cynical about love, for it is as perennial as the grass, even though it gets burned once a year.
Waste not your natural resources, and recycle your laundry.
Be one with nature and take a possum to lunch.
Be at peace with yourself and know the Cascades will be here tomorrow.
Above all, strive to stay dry.

RealLinus_zps361f12b7.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews