JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Modern in-line muzzle loading rifles and their related accoutrements.
They are "muzzle loading " , only 'cause the load that way....everything else about them is just like a modern rifle...Seems like a sleazy work around to hunt in the muzzle loading rifle season.
Andy
Edit to add...
Its more the outright dismissal of a traditional muzzle loader by some , not all , of the users of the in-line rifles that bothers me....

"Das some bullship rite dere!"
How is that even considered in the same league as a traditional muzzle loader?

WTF, Over?

1911s.

Heavy, finicky, expensive to work on, low capacity, and inferior to just about any modern polymer striker-fired defensive pistol.

I bought one anyway, for nostalgia sake. It's accurate and fun to shoot, but clearly handicapped by it's size, weight, and limited capacity as a CCW firearm.

Ruger 10/22, .................Start the Hate, .........for the life of me, I cannot figure out why these are so popular, there are many others that are far more accurate, far more reliable, and far better looking, and yet, the little Ruger is MAGA popular! A whole cottage industry spring up to this, devoted to making the littlest Ruger shoot better then it ever did, but WHY? Having seen people dropping THOUSANDS on parts and accessories, and it's "Just" a .22, I just don't get it!

The endless options for customization is the beauty of the 10/22 platform! They can be a bit finicky and require some tinkering to function well though.

Colt produced AR's. I admit they work, but paying hundreds for a horsey roll mark is stupid unless you are looking for resale value. And, if you are going to sell it later, why even buy it in the first place?

Yeah, at one time Colt was the only game in town and you had no other choice. I keep hearing from Colt heads that other AR's or builds are range toys that you can't trust your life with while they conveniently forget to tell you that Colt lost the M4 contract to FN due to lousy quality control problems and then years later was awarded half the contract IMO due to back room politics.

Great barrels for sure, but FN makes a better one if you need something to hold up to extended machine gun rates. Others do as well. That barrel is one of the few parts Colt actually makes themselves, the rest being supplied by the same vendors that supply everybody else. They don't even make their own receivers, though they do finish them.

Nice guns, but no longer special, and not worth the extra money, especially now that they are out of civilian production and coveted by Colt heads.

Ok, you can now go ahead...
1594343151110.png

Those big, fat, heavy, over priced Bond Arms derringers... especially in the big bore versions.
I suppose they have a certain "look" that may appeal to some, until they shoot one.
But, If you can get past the pain, at least they're inaccurate?

Agreed, at one point Colt reined supreme, but those days are LONG gone, And as Colt wasn't the original designer of both the 1911 or the AR, they cant really claim them as their own, though as the original OEM Manufacture, they DID make them about as good as it could get for a long time! There was a time when Colt were Kings of the quality Revolver world, but that all went away when the snakes were discontinued, and they priced them out of the reach of most users who would want one! Sad, but they did it to them selves, same as Remington and Winchester, now just high priced junk with serious quality issues trying to remain relevant in a world where custom is within easy reach!

Kinda-sorta; DAO, hammer-fired semi-automatic pistols. I say "kinda-sorta" that because I know it works for some folks. I just have zero need for one and like nice, crisp single-action triggers.

" Seems like a sleazy work around to hunt in the muzzle loading rifle season."
It was more like a gradual 'sneak in' and at first nobody really noticed.

I recall seeing my first inline late 70's, early 80's and knew what was coming.

Little by little apps for ML tags increased, seeing more inlines in the woods when I did draw and a major change in the attitudes of ML hunters - especially the 'new' ones with their inlines.

Then in about 1996 if I recall the State of Oregon dramatically changed ML rules and regs that essentially outlawed all inlines and clearly defined what was legal and it was typically a traditional ML, open ignition, loose powder, cast ball or conical bullet and open irons only.

This caught a LOT of hunters off guard - especially the ones that had already drawn a tag and ONLY owned inlines. That particular year all in my party drew and it was great - there were like us and only a couple others in the entire unit that season hunting! It was almost like poaching!

Not glocks, but gucci glocks and especially pistols with RMR sights that arent for competition use. Some guys have them on daily carry firearms..

KSG and other bullpup style pump action shotguns.. Im amazed more people haven't accidently blown their hand off.. The barrel basically meets the end of the forearm and pump action bar.. one poorly timed shot or slip up.. goodbye support hand. That being said they are innovative and do look cool.

Red dot sights give a crazy advantage over iron sights. Why would you not carry a firearm with a red dot sight? The monetary investment? Comfort? The pros far outweigh the cons. You wouldn't bring a rifle to combat in 2020 without some form of modern optic.

And I get screwed for traditional hunting when I want to hunt with my Civil War Era Percussion Revolving Rifles, all because they are multi shot, never mind they are OLD, use only Holy Black and musket caps! I did get a variance from Colorado as long as it's .50 cal. or bigger, but other states have not been willing to even hear the arguments!

1911s. They're big, heavy, low capacity and really expensive for one not made in a poor island nation.

High dollar tactical rifles, such as the CZ Bren, FN SCAR, etc etc. What, exactly, do they do so much better than an AR? Is it just a status thing?

.410 shotguns. Not much killing power compared to larger shells and the ammo isn't really any cheaper. Also, resale seems to be crud.

Carbine versions of what are supposed to be SBRs, such as the kriss vector and FN PS90 with their weird ant eater noses/fake cans

Anything with a fake can.

And I get screwed for traditional hunting when I want to hunt with my Civil War Era Percussion Revolving Rifles, all because they are multi shot, never mind they are OLD, use only Holy Black and musket caps! I did get a variance from Colorado as long as it's .50 cal. or bigger, but other states have not been willing to even hear the arguments!
That's just ....well , stupid.
The Colt revolving rifle , musket and shotgun....were around and hunting ...when all there was , was black powder and such....

Sorry to hear about that Ura-Ki
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews