JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Modern in-line muzzle loading rifles and their related accoutrements.
They are "muzzle loading " , only 'cause the load that way....everything else about them is just like a modern rifle...Seems like a sleazy work around to hunt in the muzzle loading rifle season.
Andy
Edit to add...
Its more the outright dismissal of a traditional muzzle loader by some , not all , of the users of the in-line rifles that bothers me....

Last Edited:
Ruger Mini 14

I pity the fool who don't like the Mini-14
t.jpg

Modern in-line muzzle loading rifles and their related accoutrements.
They are "muzzle loading " , only 'cause the load that way....everything else about them is just like a modern rifle...Seems like a sleazy work around to hunt in the muzzle loading rifle season.
Andy
Today I learned something...

This doesn't seem fair...

Ruger 10/22, .................Start the Hate, .........for the life of me, I cannot figure out why these are so popular, there are many others that are far more accurate, far more reliable, and far better looking, and yet, the little Ruger is MAGA popular! A whole cottage industry spring up to this, devoted to making the littlest Ruger shoot better then it ever did, but WHY? Having seen people dropping THOUSANDS on parts and accessories, and it's "Just" a .22, I just don't get it!

How dare you, sir.
giphy.gif

Today I learned something...

This doesn't seem fair...
Well like any rifle....you gotta practice with it to be good with it.
I say that ...because I do have fond memories of more than once , out shooting someone who had a modern in-line muzzle loader with my Hawken Rifle.

Now 'bout that "fair" part....
I carry and shoot my Hawken Rifle a lot....
Our monthly club shoots average about 25 -30 shots.
I also tend to bring my Hawken along to shoot , whenever I get the urge to go shooting....
So that may not be "fair" to others when they insist on challenging me to a shoot.
To be honest I ain't no Sgt. York or Daniel Boone....but I do my best.....:D

A quality built traditional muzzle loader will serve you well...its not like Daniel Boone or Kit Caron couldn't hit anything with them or starved to death.
Andy

Smith and Wesson autos especially the metal frame da/sa guns I prefer to think that the worlds greatest revolver manufacturer went out of business before trying to make these.

A few come to mind:

• The Zip-22 Ian mentioned. I remember years back when they came out me and my wife ran a survival-oriented forum and there was a guy all gonzo for them. Press him as much as we could, we never got a straight answer "why"? Other .22s feature such desirable features as a grip designed for the human hand. And that runs without constant jamming. I guess I am not the only one, because it bankrupted an otherwise good company.
  • Fake suppressors. All the downsides of a can (weight, balance, etc.) with none of the desirable features of said (noise and flash reduction). Does not compute.
  • The wild popularity of the Mosin years back. I suspected, now know, most of the interest was the low price tag. Remove that and they aren't talked about much anymore.
  • "Battle worn" paint jobs. I'll readily admit I'm not as fastidious about cleaning and maintenance on the firearms as I should be, but don't know why someone would deliberately expend time and pay money to make an arm look beat up.
  • The FK BRNO in 7.5㎜. Oh, I want one, because it possesses many of the wacky qualities that fire my imagination. Just not at that price for something that isn't super practical. I saw an interview with Ian and Karl with a rep and even he couldn't come up with an actual use for them.
  • Some years back the whole zombie thing in the firearms industry. I dig the horror genre and like guns, but I don't get the cross over exactly. (Funny story; my elderly father was at a large firearms retailer in that era and he was telling me about it. Then in a hushed tone he asked me "Are there actually people who think there are zombies?" :s0112:)

I'll second the "battle worn" paint jobs....or "antiquing" a newly made gun.

With that said...
When restoring a antique gun...I will antique the re-placement parts to match , as close as I can existing patina.
But....
Honest wear and patina from actual use looks so much better.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top