JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm no more a boomer than you are; my parents are baby-boomers.

I think it's ironic that the baby boomer generation is getting all the flak now. They were the hippy generation, the ones who said "Don't trust anyone over 30", the ones who started all this "woke" stuff. :)
The ones that voted in the guy that outright banned machine guns

I meant where was I trolling? I made a post in correspondence to the question of this thread, people made a rebuttal on my take, I responded. I dont get why youre so bent
I'm not bent, I am a m-14 fanboy having shot several 4 position, 600 yard bullseye matches with one. And then later on while in the guard qualifying at 25 yds with the M-16 just seemed silly plus they go boing whey you shoot them I found that hard to take seriously. Now days it does seem to me that everything being made not in America is part of the bigger problem. I'm a advocate of what Thomas Jefferson said( at least I think it was Jefferson) In the doctrine of expansionism and that is "we should import nothing but raw materials and export nothing but finished goods"

If you're talking about Reagan, you should study up. That's a myth, a lie put forth by the certain members of the party of gun control to further their cause.

It's amazing to me that this particular lie has gained so much traction in the gun community over the years. Reagan was far from perfect, but he was certainly better than the alternatives at the time, and he was NOT responsible for the Hughes amendment.

Last Edited:
I'm no more a boomer than you are; my parents are baby-boomers.

I think it's ironic that the baby boomer generation is getting all the flak now. They were the hippy generation, the ones who said "Don't trust anyone over 30", the ones who started all this "woke" stuff. :)
Ok boomer. :s0140:

My, oh, my! Where the hell did you get such blatant propaganda like that? o_O

If you're talking about Reagan, you should study up. That's a myth, a lie put forth by the certain members of the party of gun control to further their cause.
Yes, the Hughes Amendment, put forth by one William Hughes, a Democrat... :rolleyes:

From Wikipedia:
Ban on new automatic firearms

Last Edited:

It's amazing to me that this particular lie has gained so much traction in the gun community over the years. Reagan was far from perfect, but he was certainly better than the alternatives at the time, and he was NOT responsible for the Hughes amendment.
But Reagan did sign the bill into effect. Then Clinton signed the Brady bill and 1994 federal assault weapons ban.

It's been a bipartisan effort to limit Americans ability to own certain firearms.

But Reagan did sign the bill into effect. Then Clinton signed the Brady bill and 1994 federal assault weapons ban.

It's been a bipartisan effort to limit Americans ability to own certain firearms.
Yes he signed it, but no, not very bipartisan at all. The Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 rolled back some of the worst provisions of the Gun Control Act of 1968. It was going to pass; the votes were there, and the Dems were not happy about it.

At the last minute, William Hughes, Democrat for New Jersey, introduced an amendment to close the registry on machine guns. This amendment was put to a voice vote. Many in attendance said it didn't pass, but the senate president called it as passed. It was a "poison pill", intended to sink the legislation, dirty pool from the gun-hating left.

So the choice was to either abandon a mostly good bill with some much-needed reform, or sacrifice machine guns, owned by a tiny percentage of the population, and get rid of much of the worst of the GCA '68. Personally I think they probably made the right call; as they might not have gotten a second chance at the FOPA in who knows how long, if ever. It was the rare "compromise" where we actually accomplished something, as much as it sucked for machine gun owners. On second thought, it was a boon for machine gun owners at that time, as values of registered guns took off and are still climbing. It just sucked for future want-to-be MG owners.

Where I first heard the myth that "Reagan banned machine guns" was from friend who was active in his union. It seems that a lot of the guys, hunters and gun owners, wanted to vote Republican because of the Democrats' position on gun control. Union leadership pulled them back into the fold by telling them that the Republicans were just as bad, after all- "Reagan banned guns!"

Millions of gun owners swallowed the lie, hook, line, and sinker, and are still believing it. Reagan wasn't perfect, but it's unfair to pin that one on him.

By the way, the Hughes amendment didn't "outright ban" MGs; it closed the registry for future guns.

...and I never signed on for that phuq'n PC boolscheet, either... :s0002:
you're not a Mac guy… are you?

Confused Little Girl GIF

you're not a Mac guy… are you?

Confused Little Girl GIF
Nice play on words/initials...

In the interests of full disclosure, I'm not a Mac guy - can't stand 'em... but I'm not an Android guy - can't stand those POS, either...

Wow. You're painting an entire generation with an awfully broad brush. I got news for you - The hippies were the drop outs, much like the beatniks of the previous generation. Most regarded them as losers. They're the same people you see today living in brightly painted old school buses, grey pony tails and all. Boomers woke? Hardly!

Wow. You're painting an entire generation with an awfully broad brush. I got news for you - The hippies were the drop outs, much like the beatniks of the previous generation. Most regarded them as losers. They're the same people you see today living in brightly painted old school buses, grey pony tails and all. Boomers woke? Hardly!
My apologies; I absolutely did not intend to insinuate that all baby boomers were hippies, far from it. My parents certainly were not.

My point was just that that was the stereotype at the time, but frankly it was before my time. I'm a child of the '80s, and it seemed to me that all the cultural references to the 1960's and that generation in movies or TV as I was growing up was all about things like Woodstock, free sex, drugs, cultural revolution, and the celebration of that lifestyle, implying that everyone of that era was into that, even though I knew it wasn't true.

Even though I'm no "boomer" (despite what solv3ent says), I do find myself taking offense to the derogatory use of the term.

Last Edited:
No, not a millenial; I'm solidly in the middle of the Gen X years, though to be honest generational labels mean nothing to me. I know people of every generation who are the best people you'd ever meet, and others who are pretty much the opposite.

A younger coworker used to talk non-stop about his generation, how they thought and what they did, how they're more evolved and better in every way. He seems to have grown up a bit and gotten over that in recent years, so that's good.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top