JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm sorry couldn't help myself I got a GLOCK 5E9CE100-7E80-4AF1-ABAC-4BDD4A383376.jpeg

I think a lot of it is ''I can't afford it''.
I'm not a Glock fan. However, I think they are for a lot of people. Personally I prefer different guns. I like my sigs. I like my Berettas. I like lots of guns. Not usually cheapies. I even own a Glock 21.

However, I don't understand how they are as popular as they are. They seem like the Mac of the gun world. It is the true fanboys who are annoying. They are reliable, work well, but not a lot of options in my opinion. Yes you can customize lots of things, but that stupid grip angle that does not point naturally to me is annoying.

1911s are reliable if you have a good one. Fantastic triggers, fantastic accuracy, style and nostalgia.

I don't own a 1911 but when I first got in the CG they were the issued sidearms. I shot expert every time we went to the range. When the CG switched to the Beretta-9, I never shot expert again. Not sure if it was just the way they fit my hand or what, but I was definitely more accurate with the 1911.

Nothing fits or feels like a Python in the hand

I have this same thought every time I take a pee.... :p:p;):eek:

I don't own a 1911 but when I first got in the CG they were the issued sidearms. I shot expert every time we went to the range. When the CG switched to the Beretta-9, I never shot expert again. Not sure if it was just the way they fit my hand or what, but I was definitely more accurate with the 1911.

I have this same thought every time I take a pee.... :p:p;):eek:
Must be a 2 inch snubby! :s0140:

Make sure to aim high, that ballistic arc is gonna be like a rainbow no matter how close you stand to the target!! :p:D

The popularity of the Glock "Plastic Fantastic'... Never would have dreamed that a plastic pistol with no safety with hammerless striker-fire would become nigh-ubiquitous in the USA and around the world... for police departments and civilians alike. Go figger, they arent inexpensive as was touted in the gun rags at the time..
Even tho I DO OWN AND CARRY a Glock 21 (14 rounds of .45ACP), I still really do prefer a Browning HiPower or a Ruger P89-95 with the all metal construction. Time will tell if the plastic will last as long as steel or alloy frames- the way that steel pistols from a century ago still provide service...
The Glock is an answer to a question that doesn't exist.. Got to hand it to Gaston, he sure tapped into and exploited a need that wasnt really there...

Even tho I DO OWN AND CARRY a Glock 21 (14 rounds of .45ACP), I still really do prefer a Browning HiPower or a Ruger P89-95 with the all metal construction.

I didn't want to like Glocks. And I don't, really. Yet I own a few of them. As you say I vastly prefer metal guns, mostly Sig and CZ. But Glocks are like a Timex watch; good for the price, and solid performers. And I just don't care about getting them dirty while camping, etc. And, surprisingly, I have a G17 that with a new barrel and a minimal amount of tuning is more accurate than it should be. They're a good solid gun that does what it is supposed to, but there is little aesthetic to like about it.

The S&W heavy duty 38/44. To me it well built but overly large and bulky. To me there are a lot better 38's out there.
Correct me if I'm mistaken- but wasn't the heavy-duty .38/44 put together for seriously high-pressure +P+ .38's that would take apart a lesser-built .38spl revolver? The use of such .38 ammo was the precursor to the .357 magnum, as I understand it...

Correct me if I'm mistaken- but wasn't the heavy-duty .38/44 put together for seriously high-pressure +P+ .38's that would take apart a lesser-built .38spl revolver? The use of such .38 ammo was the precursor to the .357 magnum, as I understand it...
I believe you are right however today there are plenty of revolvers that can do that without the size and weight.

I didn't want to like Glocks. And I don't, really. Yet I own a few of them. As you say I vastly prefer metal guns, mostly Sig and CZ. But Glocks are like a Timex watch; good for the price, and solid performers. And I just don't care about getting them dirty while camping, etc. And, surprisingly, I have a G17 that with a new barrel and a minimal amount of tuning is more accurate than it should be. They're a good solid gun that does what it is supposed to, but there is little aesthetic to like about it.

I've heard the Glock compared to a hammer. Not a really nice hammer that an old-school master carpenter would treasure and take great care of, and someday pass down to his son when he became a master carpenter, but rather a hammer of the type you'd find at Home Depot. They have a big rack full of them. They're solid and dependable, but not pretty or polished. They're all the same and they aren't expensive. If one gets lost or damaged on the job, you go grab another just like it off the shelf, and keep working.

There are millions of people who own and carry guns for whom a gun is a tool like that hammer. They couldn't care less about aesthetics or whether it has a "soul". They don't care if it will last a hundred years, or whether they'll be able to pass it down to their children. It's just a tool like any other, and they just want it to work when they need it. It seems to me that Glock pistols meet that criteria fairly well.

all 6.5 Creedmores. More so the hunters who use them. Not range guys. Fine gun to shoot at range, fine for hunting in the right scenrio, but everyone thinks their a long range sniper when they have one.

Where is all the pistol RMR hate coming from? Everyone I know that has shot with one for a few mags end up really liking them. Maybe not for a CCW but for a fun range gun at least.

But for popular guns that I don't understand the popularity of...
I would say those "ultimate survival rifles". I just don't get having a compact rifle that will shoot 9 different cartridges.... as long as you carry all the different barrel sleeves with it. Or really any "survival" branded rifle (ugly, take-down usually, terrible sights and triggers).

And glocks. :s0121: yes they are reliable. Yes they helped pioneer the striker fired polymer pistols. But can they really be that much better than everything else to merit the praise?

Left handed models. I'm a lefty and have been adapting to a right handed world my whole life. I've handled left handed guns and everything just feels off. I can't imagine how a natural right would feel with one. And then there's the horrible resale.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top