JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've had a fascination with old school optics for quite some time (why, yes, I do use them in photography). As I started shooting more, I got more acquainted with the Malcolm style scopes...

And I want one.

But, what gun would you pair with it? Would you pair a period correct rifle like a trap door or go for something more unique in a Ruger No. 1?

I'm leaning towards trying to find a project Springfield Trapdoor to work on to build this up...but what would you do?

I like how they look on a levergun.
387Glg5.jpg

My Lust rifle which I hope to purchase yet this month is a Winchester 1885 Hi Wall in 45-70 with a 30" Octagon barrel Double set triggers Pistol grip style sporting stock with checking and a full length Malcolm style scope.

But, what gun would you pair with it? Would you pair a period correct rifle like a trap door or go for something more unique in a Ruger No. 1?

I'm leaning towards trying to find a project Springfield Trapdoor to work on to build this up...but what would you do?

If you put a Malcolm scope on a Trapdoor Springfield, then you couldn't shoot it.

That's all I'm sayin'.

If you put a Malcolm scope on a Trapdoor Springfield, then you couldn't shoot it.

That's all I'm sayin'.

Well, shoot. My inspiration for the idea was a piece of artwork I stumbled across...I guess I took it too literally thinking the combo could work.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews