JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've had a fascination with old school optics for quite some time (why, yes, I do use them in photography). As I started shooting more, I got more acquainted with the Malcolm style scopes...

And I want one.

But, what gun would you pair with it? Would you pair a period correct rifle like a trap door or go for something more unique in a Ruger No. 1?

I'm leaning towards trying to find a project Springfield Trapdoor to work on to build this up...but what would you do?

I like how they look on a levergun.
387Glg5.jpg

My Lust rifle which I hope to purchase yet this month is a Winchester 1885 Hi Wall in 45-70 with a 30" Octagon barrel Double set triggers Pistol grip style sporting stock with checking and a full length Malcolm style scope.

But, what gun would you pair with it? Would you pair a period correct rifle like a trap door or go for something more unique in a Ruger No. 1?

I'm leaning towards trying to find a project Springfield Trapdoor to work on to build this up...but what would you do?

If you put a Malcolm scope on a Trapdoor Springfield, then you couldn't shoot it.

That's all I'm sayin'.

If you put a Malcolm scope on a Trapdoor Springfield, then you couldn't shoot it.

That's all I'm sayin'.

Well, shoot. My inspiration for the idea was a piece of artwork I stumbled across...I guess I took it too literally thinking the combo could work.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top