JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Usually I see this when a round goes into the case, IE poor neck support or lack of crimp on ammo causes bullet to go inward into case during feeding and kaboom.

Short, suppressed guns are violent cycling. They beat the crap out of ammo. I've seen more than enough nose dives that are caught because of a jam. It only takes the one that isn't caught to go kaboom.

It clearly went bang before the kaboom too so no squib or other sort of round issue.

Could have been over charged, but That is a bit harder to do in a rifle cartridge, but not unheard of.

It could also be that same ammo that was blowing up guns.

Lastly, he might have mixed a 300 blackout in there. But that one usually leaves a slug in the barrel.

A friend of mine had a rifle do something similar. He was shooting steel cases ammo and his theory was that the ammunition had some sort of coating on it that built up in the chamber and caused the rifle to be over pressured which caused a catastrophic failure. Not sure if this is what happened here.

Atleast he looked cool when it happened…….

Static range theatrics.

Last Edited:
I dont suspect he would put a wrong case/cartridge mixed into the magazine so its just scary that there could be something that bad with bulk factory ammo to cause a kaboom like that.

Id hate to go years with a favorite rifle and have it end all at once like that over 1 piece of bad ammo. Just so odd.

Atleast he looked cool when it happened…….

Static range theatrics.
I think you mean STRANGE range theatrics.

Was this staged or do people really go out dressed in quasi military/larper gear and just shoot indiscriminately, occasionally 'freezing' in some sort of 'tacticool' position and firing at nothing ?

I would be more impressed if I saw pinecones flying - like I shoot at!

I think you mean STRANGE range theatrics.

Was this staged or do people really go out dressed in quasi military/larper gear and just shoot indiscriminately, occasionally 'freezing' in some sort of 'tacticool' position and firing at nothing ?

I would be more impressed if I saw pinecones flying - like I shoot at!
People really do dress up to go to the range…..

People really do dress up to go to the range…..
Zoomdweebie's abound... but always good for a chuckle.

They should have rules against it, though. "Street attire only". For others, It is kind of hard to get any good shooting in when you have a case of the giggles. ;)

Didn't click but it probably means privately owned firearm because in the thumbnail "privately owned firearm rifle" would then make perfect sense.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top