JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Grab a Girsan like the Browning Hi-power clone, or the Beretta 92 clone, or even their 1911 clone. Perhaps their new 2311.

Basic handgun that fits a budget and functional. Fun to just go out and target shoot.
Good suggestions for anyone, i feel.
I have a BHP, a 92FS and a Gov. 1911 already 👍

A new handgun? I have been getting into revolvers lately. Old Smith's with no min parts or lawyer lock.
Love shooting the K frame. My new Model 14 no dash K-38 "Target Masterpiece"
View attachment 1842664
My Model 27-2 with the 3 "T's" 357 mag on the 44 frame
View attachment 1842676
Maybe you can tell I'm a S & W fan. I have shot Pythons but I prefer the Smith. The old Smiths are about the same
price as a new one. Around $1K you can get a nice older wheel gun. I am looking at getting a Model 19 like below
with the 6" barrel, partridge front sight, target trigger, target hammer and target stocks. From Gunbroker
View attachment 1842684
Very nice suggestions, and maybe one more Colt might make it into my collection at some point - i have a model 29 and a model 36 at the moment.

I confess, I didn't read all 6 pages. Not enough patience! 😁 Why not just go to your LGS and handle a bunch until something grabs your likes and buy that one?
Not a bad idea, i haven't been to one for a few years, i wasn't seeing anything interesting at all for a while, just regular run of the mill stuff :(

Fun ideas:

CZ type handgun. Neat design to play with

Browning hi power. Some nice clones out there

P-38. Neat to see our lineage

NAA mini mag. Guarantees you to always be armed. Recommend the pug version. I have several

LCP Max. Been impressed so far

Sig. my entry into this family is the 2022, which is my fav 9 ever. Great gun

Want to see what the fuss is about 17 hmr, lil badger is great entry when scoped. Look at savage thumb hole version. Many females like due to low recoil and high accuracy
I've been wondering what a CZ would add to my modern-type pistols, things like the 92FS, BHP, VP9, FNS9 etc. ?

P38's look interesting indeed, though last i think i remember, they're pretty expensive and hard to get good ones?

Man up and get a HK Mark 23. And stick a light and suppressor on it and roll around like acorn cop in your backyard.

Seriously though, HK M23 is on my list. I never thought I'd have a MP5K (POF SMG-PK) but I have one. Heck, I even had an actual MP5 once….. it's totally doable. I know they are not cheap but it's definitely a second type of cool, the M23 that is.
Yeah, the MK23's have been on my list, like, a long way down them, mainly due to price, but they look cool.

I'm feeling like i should pick something up, but i don't really have much of an idea for what to get. Maybe it'll be nothing at all this time? :)

I have various guns already, and i'm not madly into AR's, so they're not on my (non-existent) list of guns to consider, so any suggestions people give might be thrown out the window :D
But, i'm thinking most people have a recommended gun, or just general thoughts on something nice to get (i should also probably mention i'm not wanting to spend big money either, just up to a 2020 Python kind of money)

Anyway, what's everyone thinking these days?
I've been looking at cans and if you want to go that route instead id suggest the rugged Alaskan 360 it can fit 22LR 5.56 all the way up to 338 so it's vary versatile and I've heard a lot of great things. Silencer shop has a gun trust you can get with it as well if you order from them

I've been looking at cans and if you want to go that route instead id suggest the rugged Alaskan 360 it can fit 22LR 5.56 all the way up to 338 so it's vary versatile and I've heard a lot of great things. Silencer shop has a gun trust you can get with it as well if you order from them
I recently got the alaskan 360, love it. Also got the Rugged Oculus and in 2 weeks I'm ordering the Obsidian 45.

Fwiw I would get a .22 suppressor for $200ish and then one for the caliber(s) you shoot most (the ones with threaded barrels I mean or will add threaded barrels). Then those 2 suppressors will cover all your .22s and all your most used calibers.
It all started with a 22 suppressor now have another 22 45 and a 30 cal on the way ! You just cannot go wrong with suppressing 22's makes me laugh every time I shoot it and you do not have to cry about the ammo prices !

It all started with a 22 suppressor now have another 22 45 and a 30 cal on the way ! You just cannot go wrong with suppressing 22's makes me laugh every time I shoot it and you do not have to cry about the ammo prices !
Burning through .22 ammo suppressed reminds me of this guy (he's an SOT license holder). That stream of brass just cracks me up. 2200 rounds per minute rate of fire. :s0112:

I'm sure someone already said it, but a Glock 17 or 19.

If you don't like ARs and want something handy to plink with or dispatch pests/ threats a Ruger PC 9 with an mlok rail to toss a light on.

If you don't have one a 10/22 takedown.

Not keen on glocks, at least not for now, i think much like the 10/22 that's a requisite for everyone, i'll eventually get some regular-type glock, but many more exciting things are on the list before then.

10/22 take-down owned, in french walnut, no less :D

I'm starting to think a suppressor might be a more sensible direction, unless some nice milsurp turns up for sale. But if we're getting rid of the stupid tax stamp/waiting period at some point soon(ish) then do i wait instead?

Not keen on glocks, at least not for now, i think much like the 10/22 that's a requisite for everyone, i'll eventually get some regular-type glock, but many more exciting things are on the list before then.

10/22 take-down owned, in french walnut, no less :D

I'm starting to think a suppressor might be a more sensible direction, unless some nice milsurp turns up for sale. But if we're getting rid of the stupid tax stamp/waiting period at some point soon(ish) then do i wait instead?
I haven't heard anything about getting rid of the tax stamp.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top