JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A Mantis mk4 from CP Firearms.

IMG_3455.png

I really "need" another gun like a hole in the head, but if I was shopping now, I think the new Blued Python would be on that short list. For a long time I've had a hankerin for a blued, 4" Python, but by the time I started lusting for one, they were more $$ than I could pony up. Even back in the early 90's they were relatively expensive.
I don't know why I want one. I'd never carry it...

I'm starting to get regretful about trading off my Model 69. Been keeping my eyes open for one.

That's about it. For now, anyway.

Lorcin L380
The gun that's so bad I had to Google it.
One of these came through the shop. I had no idea what it was, other than jokes I see here on NWFA. It had some cheap "chrome" finish. I thought it was a toy gun (like the cap guns we had as kids). It was wrapped in newspaper. The customer was a very old man. Not who I would have thought, anyway. I felt bad about him paying for the transfer. Probably the gun cost him $60. But hey, at least he exercised his 2A Rights.

One of these came through the shop. I had no idea what it was, other than jokes I see here on NWFA. It had some cheap "chrome" finish. I thought it was a toy gun (like the cap guns we had as kids). It was wrapped in newspaper. The customer was a very old man. Not who I would have thought, anyway. I felt bad about him paying for the transfer. Probably the gun cost him $60. But hey, at least he exercised his 2A Rights.
If you really want to feel bad for him, go take a peek at what's in his fridge.

I'm feeling like i should pick something up, but i don't really have much of an idea for what to get. Maybe it'll be nothing at all this time? :)

I have various guns already, and i'm not madly into AR's, so they're not on my (non-existent) list of guns to consider, so any suggestions people give might be thrown out the window :D
But, i'm thinking most people have a recommended gun, or just general thoughts on something nice to get (i should also probably mention i'm not wanting to spend big money either, just up to a 2020 Python kind of money)

Anyway, what's everyone thinking these days? :D
A new handgun? I have been getting into revolvers lately. Old Smith's with no min parts or lawyer lock.
Love shooting the K frame. My new Model 14 no dash K-38 "Target Masterpiece"
1710347401114.png
My Model 27-2 with the 3 "T's" 357 mag on the 44 frame
1710347839765.png
Maybe you can tell I'm a S & W fan. I have shot Pythons but I prefer the Smith. The old Smiths are about the same
price as a new one. Around $1K you can get a nice older wheel gun. I am looking at getting a Model 19 like below
with the 6" barrel, partridge front sight, target trigger, target hammer and target stocks. From Gunbroker
1710348479624.png

A new handgun? I have been getting into revolvers lately. Old Smith's with no min parts or lawyer lock.
Love shooting the K frame. My new Model 14 no dash K-38 "Target Masterpiece"
View attachment 1842664
My Model 27-2 with the 3 "T's" 357 mag on the 44 frame
View attachment 1842676
Maybe you can tell I'm a S & W fan. I have shot Pythons but I prefer the Smith. The old Smiths are about the same
price as a new one. Around $1K you can get a nice older wheel gun. I am looking at getting a Model 19 like below
with the 6" barrel, partridge front sight, target trigger, target hammer and target stocks. From Gunbroker
View attachment 1842684
What are the 3 "T's"?

I confess, I didn't read all 6 pages. Not enough patience! 😁 Why not just go to your LGS and handle a bunch until something grabs your likes and buy that one?

I may not be as pinky up as others here, but I have been wanting one of these lately.

Not sure which I like more yet.
Screenshot 2024-03-13 105422.jpg

Screenshot 2024-03-13 105811.jpg

So yeah, that is what I will tell you to buy.
One of those.

I'm surprised you didn't frame it and hang it on the wall for all to admire.

Fun ideas:

CZ type handgun. Neat design to play with

Browning hi power. Some nice clones out there

P-38. Neat to see our lineage

NAA mini mag. Guarantees you to always be armed. Recommend the pug version. I have several

LCP Max. Been impressed so far

Sig. my entry into this family is the 2022, which is my fav 9 ever. Great gun

Want to see what the fuss is about 17 hmr, lil badger is great entry when scoped. Look at savage thumb hole version. Many females like due to low recoil and high accuracy

Man up and get a HK Mark 23. And stick a light and suppressor on it and roll around like acorn cop in your backyard.

Seriously though, HK M23 is on my list. I never thought I'd have a MP5K (POF SMG-PK) but I have one. Heck, I even had an actual MP5 once….. it's totally doable. I know they are not cheap but it's definitely a second type of cool, the M23 that is.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top