JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At least for the short term. I am bless to have all the guns I need. Lucky to have most the guns I want. I used to have a 1911. Sold it. Always planned to replace it. Wanted a CZ Phantom. Came across a few but never enough urg to put money down. Also, could never decide if the PSA 9MM ARs were worth it.

I hope 114 will be a short set back and actual laws and an unbiased court will eliminate it.

Is there a gun you put on the back burner too long?
I have enough of everything to last for the rest of my life, however, there's one thing I don't have that I'd like to have...A stainless Marlin 1895 carbine in .357 Mag. I've wanted one forever, but the high prices that go with being made of unobtainium have dictated that I wait. Now, when they are finally becoming a little easier to find, I find that I've waited too long.

I always meant to replace my Savage 99 in .308 that I had to sell long ago. It was nothing fancy, was my first long gun ... not counting the M16 I had to give back to Uncle Sam when I was done with it.🙂
When I was married and working there were always other priorities. Now single and retired and living with Brandon's economy, the prices seem very steep indeed.

My first bolt rifle was a Savage 111
30-06. Loved to gun but ammo was over $1 round. Currently have a 308 but I'm really an undercover 30-06 guy. This time around I would go traditional wood, nothing fancy.

Fwiw i have that ZP slide on a g45. If you rack grabbing the front of your slides, its very very slippery, very little grip. Back serrations are good though.

looks nice and runs flawlessly with oem parts, but has a front grip design flaw imo.
I did this one in black with the optics cut and the gold/tin barrel .
1668960474045.png

A few things, really. A lot of what I bought have been backups to the backups. I did buy a CZ shadow 2 SA which is almost like a religious experience to shoot. But the one I couldn't ever land my finger on was a double action .44 Magnum like a 629 or SRH, even before this madness. Still hunting but the clock is ticking

A few things, really. A lot of what I bought have been backups to the backups. I did buy a CZ shadow 2 SA which is almost like a religious experience to shoot. But the one I couldn't ever land my finger on was a double action .44 Magnum like a 629 or SRH, even before this madness. Still hunting but the clock is ticking
I have had a SP01 Tac but did want a shadow and did pick up a 629 in 5in wow it is about as small as you would want to go !

I've lusted over the Sig Scorpion 1911 in flat dark earth with G10 grips, but will never cough up their asking price. And I only want a new one. I have a Sig P220 so that lessons the blow a little. Plus if I ever got the Scorpion, I'd feel obligated to open carry, which I never do, just so everyone could see it.

Zastava M77 and an MP5 clone
My two big purchases I could not make work.
Saw boxes for I think 2 of those mp5 clones last Saturday at Lincoln City Sporting Goods, might be worth calling them as they are closed Sun/Monday but after often answering the phone Mon...

Haven't put anything off yet, have purchased three this month, placed a reserve on three lowers that will arrive next week, and got shipping notice fromPSA for my VRF14 today. I'm one of those lucky ones who is an instant approval. I wish this carp wasn't happening to everyone else.
VRF14, if that's the semi-auto 12ga pistol, LCSG has one on the gun wall... Tempted to grab one, but I already have more than I can afford on my list...

Can't say I put anything off but did speed up a couple and made a trade I otherwise would not have. Short list still is SCAR 20S 6.5CM, M1A Tanker or SOCOM and a lever in 357/38. Purchases that were not planned but moved up from weeks or even months were Sig P320AXG-Combat, 1897 Winchester and a pair of cowboy pistols.

None.

I should have bought more months ago before the panic buyers took control.

The ruger 10/22 takedown. But as soon as this fcker is stayed, im ordering one.
For the uninitiated, you cannot put a scope on a takedown. The scope mounts on the receiver - and the barrel never snugs up tight enough to have a consistent POI round to round. I learned this the hard way. Since I'm old and need to use glass, I sold the rifle. I do own two 10/22 that are not takedown, and I have always enjoyed them.

I do not need anything. However, the thought crossed my mind to acquire duplicates of my favorite firearms, and I did that, for the most part, a month ago.
I would like to purchase a duplicate 338LM, but I missed the boat on that one because of the backlog. I don't want it in limbo for how long?

For the uninitiated, you cannot put a scope on a takedown. The scope mounts on the receiver - and the barrel never snugs up tight enough to have a consistent POI round to round. I learned this the hard way. Since I'm old and need to use glass, I sold the rifle. I do own two 10/22 that are not takedown, and I have always enjoyed them.
Don't they make a rail equipped forend for the takedown? That plus a scout scope works fine. Personally I prefer non-takedown models. If I needed takedown size, I would use the charger.

I haven't seen the take down model up close. Could a cantilever mount fit on the available rail space?

Don't they make a rail equipped forend for the takedown? That plus a scout scope works fine. Personally I prefer non-takedown models. If I needed takedown size, I would use the charger.
1669060604932.png

I might be wrong. I was wrong once back in 74'. But pictures seldom lie.
The picatinny rail is on the receiver.
When the barrel attaches to the receiver, there is definitely some wiggle or slop. Even if you torque it down with Channellock's.
I tried several scopes including a Vortex one to six power.
At 25 to 35 yards my POI varied up to six or ten inches. Difficult to take small game or make a headshot under such circumstances.
This was verified by my shooting partner who was a sniper in the Middle east.

This is just my personal experience.

View attachment 1316570

I might be wrong. I was wrong once back in 74'. But pictures seldom lie.
The picatinny rail is on the receiver.
When the barrel attaches to the receiver, there is definitely some wiggle or slop. Even if you torque it down with Channellock's.
I tried several scopes including a Vortex one to six power.
At 25 to 35 yards my POI varied up to six or ten inches. Difficult to take small game or make a headshot under such circumstances.
This was verified by my shooting partner who was a sniper in the Middle east.

This is just my personal experience.
I mean I believe there are aftermarket Mlok forends for the 10/22 like this one

You can then mount your scope to the barrel. I believe you would need a scout scope for eye relief issues.

You are not wrong. There is just a workaround to the problem by keeping the barrel and scope attached directly and skipping any slop in installing the receiver to barrel.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top