JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What is your favorite caliber to carry ??

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 12 9.5%
  • 9×19mm Parabellum

Votes: 70 55.6%
  • 40 S&W

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • 45 ACP

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • 38 Special

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • .357 Mag

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • .44 Mag

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • 10MM

Votes: 9 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've held one of those. I want one. I just don't want to spend that kind of money. If I found one for a deal I wouldn't pass it up though.

I got mine for a grand here in the classifieds. And after a trip to Zev it was basically all new. One of the posts for the RMR was broken off and they sent me a whole new top end. Only took 2 weeks. Cost me nothing but shipping.

They are an absolute pleasure to shoot.

I want to pick up a kagwerks slide release here soon. I shoot lefty and the new Gen 5 ambi slide lock is the death of me after shooting Gen 3 and Gen 4 for the majority of my time. I hit that stupid lever more than I like to admit.

Same. It's the one thing I can't stand on the Gen 5s. I wish they would make it swappable like the mag catch.

I want to pick up a kagwerks slide release here soon. I shoot lefty and the new Gen 5 ambi slide lock is the death of me after shooting Gen 3 and Gen 4 for the majority of my time. I hit that stupid lever more than I like to admit.
I've installed ambi safety delete on more than one gun because the extra control digs into my hand or gets flipped accidentally.

Same. It's the one thing I can't stand on the Gen 5s. I wish they would make it swappable like the mag catch.
I've almost pulled it out and chopped off the right hand tab, file it down, and call it a day.

I've almost pulled it out and chopped off the right hand tab, file it down, and call it a day.
When I'm going to bubba a part I usually buy a replacement for it in case I over-bubba it. So I just bought the non-ambi safeties. In the case of the G26 mag release, the extended one was too big and would release the mag sometimes when holstered, so I filed it down until it stopped doing that. It was still reachable for me, so I'm good.

When I'm going to bubba a part I usually buy a replacement for it in case I over-bubba it. So I just bought the non-ambi safeties. In the case of the G26 mag release, the extended one was too big and would release the mag sometimes when holstered, so I filed it down until it stopped doing that. It was still reachable for me, so I'm good.
Yea all this talk between you and @Kruel J i just went and bought the KagWerks slide lock. Should be here next week. Probably a better idea than F-cking up what I already have. Haha

If you take all the calibers you've listed and have the opportunity to shoot all of them 'side by side'/consecutively using quality handguns in a class (not an easy thing to do) where you're actually using defensive shooting skills and see your results (accuracy, rounds, firearm manipulation, distance, time, heart rate, fatigue, etc.), you'll know what's best for you.

In my case that would be 9mm.

In the same training course of fire, I would actually do better (overall accuracy and 'maybe' time to finish) with .22 but the firearm manipulation is worse because .22LR is more prone to have a malfunction (hence my time to finish would actually increase which in real life means I haven't stopped the threat yet) and of course .22LR is doing less damage immediately than a larger round. .38 is close in terms of accuracy/speed but I can't get my revolvers to spin through 6 or 7 rounds faster than a pistol and .40 begins to drop in accuracy with speed. The larger rounds are ok if shooting 'slowly' but when speeding up then not so great.
I think people need to consider that both Or and Wa will have 10 rd mag limits. So the question is....which ten rounds would be most effective for what your attempting.

I think people need to consider that both Or and Wa will have 10 rd mag limits. So the question is....which ten rounds would be most effective for what your attempting.
I'll still carry a 17+ mag.

Who's gonna stop you and check....really....
Well no one knows what's in my pants. I mean every once and a while my wife gets a peak but that's it. Don't act like an A$$ and no one will know any difference what you have or any reason to wonder. That's my thought process. Drugs are legal in Oregon now... what's another 7 rounds gunna hurt? Lol.

Well no one knows what's in my pants. I mean every once and a while my wife gets a peak but that's it. Don't act like an A$$ and no one will know any difference what you have or any reason to wonder. That's my thought process. Drugs are legal in Oregon now... what's another 7 rounds gunna hurt? Lol.

Flying under the radar has worked just fine for me up til this point. I see no reason to change anything. And if a 10 round mag requirement is voted in I still won't change anything. I've actually received more than one convo from members here telling me that my talk of not complying is just hot air......ok.

Flying under the radar has worked just fine for me up til this point. I see no reason to change anything. And if a 10 round mag requirement is voted in I still won't change anything. I've actually received more than one convo from members here telling me that my talk of not complying is just hot air......ok.
I think the people that boast the most about "how they won't be tread on" and all the fear mongering are the ones full of hot air.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top