JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What is your favorite caliber to carry ??

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 12 9.5%
  • 9×19mm Parabellum

Votes: 70 55.6%
  • 40 S&W

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • 45 ACP

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • 38 Special

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • .357 Mag

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • .44 Mag

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • 10MM

Votes: 9 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
IMO, one option should be; "Makes no difference to me."
I'll carry anything, don't really care the size. Not a fanboi of any brand or caliber. I'm too poor to be choosy.

It is however, nice to see where the cheaper ammo calibers might be at the moment.
Seems I should have no problem picking up, oh, 44mag. :s0010::s0061:

In that I'm a retired old fart who generally wears either Champion cotton shorts or sweats everyday, my LCP 2 in .380 is my always carry choice...Again, being an old fart, I have no hips or butt any more so anything heavier than the LCP only makes my pants want to fall down faster, belt or no belt...So, practicality and modesty determine my choice...Besides, I think I have a pretty good chance of hitting whoever is on top of me, beating the crap out of me, with that 1 1/2" barrel...Otherwise, it's better than my pocket knife, I guess.

.45 ACP (Automatic Colt Pistol)
I'm not smart, I only know that 'cause I own one as of recently.
I didn't ask about 45 ACP. I often carry a wheel gun in 45 colt loaded with rounds ranging from 255 grains at 850 FPS up to 300 grains at 1200 FPS.
To clarify:
The .45 Colt, also referred to as .45 Long Colt, .45 LC, or 11.43×33mmR, is a rimmed straight-walled handgun cartridge dating to 1872. It was originally a black-powder revolver round developed for the Colt Single Action Army revolver. This cartridge was adopted by the U.S. Army in 1873 and served as an official US military handgun cartridge for 14 years. While it is sometimes referred to as .45 Long Colt or .45 LC, to differentiate it from the very popular .45 ACP, and historically, the shorter .45 S&W Schofield, it was only an unofficial designation by Army quartermasters.[1] Current catalog listings of compatible handguns list the caliber as .45 LC and .45 Colt.[2] Both the Schofield and the .45 Colt were used by the Army at the same period of time prior to the adoption of the M1882 Government version of the .45 Schofield cartridge.[3]

At home I carry a Springfield 911 380, pretty much all the time. If steeping out rarely with a 380 I would carry the 911 or a LCP II. However 90% of the time I carry a S&W M&P40C, or a XD40 SC Mod 2, XDS40 Mod 1 or 2, Taurus PT-140 G2C in 40 S&W. I rarely carry a 45 ACP, my RIA GI Officer's Model 1911 or XD45 SC Mod 2.

I shoot 380 just fine, but 40 better with less bullet drop over longer distance.

.22lr for the cost per trigger pull for practice, though I wouldn't carry it if I had better choices.

.9mm for the cost per trigger pull for practice and because it is a round that I would carry and generally you are best to carry something you can practice with the most.

10mm for the energy on target while maintaining a relatively high round count I can carry in two magazine while still using a semi auto.

Phased Plasma Rifle in the 40 watt range - a guy can dream.

I voted for .45 and 10mm. I carry 10mm when out in the woods, and .45 usually in town or around the house. I like the 10mm for woods carry for the ballistics that are roughly equivalent to .357 but a higher capacity and easier reloads, and let's face it 10mm is one mm better than 9mm (its a joke, so take it easy). I like .45 for several reasons, but mainly because I like the pistols that shoot 45, particularly the venerable 1911. Others have stated they feel like the 9mm is less recoil and quicker following shots, but I prefer the push of .45 vs the snap of 9mm. So for me, it's the bigger bullets like the "flying ashtray" of a .45JHP that I'll be packin'.

Size matters. Ask any woman.

Around the house, a 360 PD w/ 158gr 357 in it. Out and about, usually my 365XL and a spare mag (25 tries to get it right) and really compact.

I used to carry a Glock 32 and I still love that gun, but the P365 is fine for anything but hiking, and for hiking I'd trust it, or any number of other choices.

I generally carry my 9mm but when in my speedos and have less area to conceal, I have a little .380 I stick in my shorts...

So.... you're sayin' that 9mm isn't the only thing that shrinks in cold pool water!

936041BA-1381-487E-BCAE-5B700B0B59DC.gif

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top