JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What is your favorite caliber to carry ??

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 12 9.5%
  • 9×19mm Parabellum

Votes: 70 55.6%
  • 40 S&W

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • 45 ACP

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • 38 Special

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • .357 Mag

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • .44 Mag

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • 10MM

Votes: 9 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Meh, not all of them. I've had my butt kicked by a very loud ahole before.
You and me both. I'm saying it more as a generalization statement. It's the men that are quiet that you normally need to be concerned with.

Good, because the person you were or weren't responding to is the real deal. No offense to either of you, just sayin'.
Are you saying I am not the real deal? Now my feelings are hurt and I have to go out and prove my manhood somehow. Lol

When I first started carrying in the early 90's, I was heavily influenced by old timers, so I chose a .45 ACP. Then went to a S&W 686 in .357 Magnum.

Funny how in the mid to late 90's, the .40 S&W was hailed as the holy grail of carry rounds because it was nearly as effective as the .45 ACP, yet had nearly the capacity of 9mm, and could be chambered in smaller 9mm-sized pistols.

I switched to it in the late 90's and carried nothing but .40 S&W pistols for the next 20+ years. It worked great on every single bad guy I had to shoot. Which was exactly none.

Now, I carry a P365 in 9mm. If it came in .40 S&W, I would carry that. Woods carry is a 10mm Glock. I carry what makes sense.

I think people need to consider that both Or and Wa will have 10 rd mag limits. So the question is....which ten rounds would be most effective for what your attempting.

That POV on effective hits would matter regardless of how many rounds are available.

Besides, a magazine capacity limit is not the same as limiting how many mags you can carry.

I usually carry my P365, 9mm, or Ruger SP101, 38spl and .357mag, depending on how many legs any perceived threat may have given a particular situation.
I'll carry the P226 if I think people and cougars are the only thing to worry about and might want to target shoot.
I should really get a 1911 in .45ACP, since I shoot those better than anything.

I carry 9mm or .32acp mostly. I know some refer to them as mouse guns, but the beauty of a .32 is the low recoil. I can get a lot more rounds out faster using a .32acp. Not the best individually, but rapid excellent shot placement is the forte of the .32acp. I guarantee you, 10 rounds of 32 in the right spot is effective enough for me.

Over the last year I've found myself consistently choosing my Bersa Thunder in 380acp over everything else; it fits my hand perfectly, is lightweight and comfortable to carry, and most importantly, is easily concealable no matter what I'm wearing! With 8 shots of Sig V-Crowns, I feel plenty confident with it.

I'll bet everyone here who has carried regularly for more than 5 years has or has disposed of a drawer full of holsters.
When I first tried Ebay that was the best part of it. By then I had a box of holsters I had accumulated over many years. Some of them had almost no use on them. I had almost tossed them at times but hated to throw out that much cash. They sold easy. Also then found the same site was a far better and cheaper way to try something new so see it if worked for me :D

I have been carrying a 1911 for over 40 years now. Have for a short while been tempted to get one in 10mm but have not yet. I know there is far better these days but, for some reason I stick with the old war horse's. When I walk into any place that sells guns its always the first and last place I stop, the part of the case that has 1911's in it. I guess if I owned 20 of them I would still want just one more :s0140:
Times I am not willing to carry one of them I will carry a small light 9. If I am going with no gun it means I have a .380 ;):D

I've carried 9/40/45. All of my evidence on why I don't have a lot of confidence in 9mm is purely anecdotal. So are the reasons for my confidence in 40 and 45.

For me, the gun is more important than the cartridge. Find something that is reliable, you shoot it well, operate well (there's a difference), and is tolerable to carry all the time.

One thing that sucks about a lot of ranges that rent out guns, is the rules regarding "rapid fire". Running a gun fast is the best way to find out if it's gonna choke.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top