JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, his guns were legal and registered. Yes, his family and a social worker had notified police that he might be dangerous, but the police investigation could not verify this. His first three killings were stabbings, not shootings.

This guy used a knife, guns and a car to hurt and kill people. He was one crazy bubblegum psychopath who was going to kill people with or with out a gun. A gun ban wouldn't have done a single thing to stop him.

This guy used a knife, guns and a car to hurt and kill people. He was one crazy bubblegum psychopath who was going to kill people with or with out a gun. A gun ban wouldn't have done a single thing to stop him.

As true as this is, the only thing the media will focus on is the shootings. But yeah, he was going to (and did) take people out whether he had a gun or not.

Unfortunately, they'll probably use the fact that he passed a background check as a way to support even more stringent background check laws - obviously they're not stringent enough now! The only failure here was by everyone who essentially ignored his mental health problems. They are really the only ones to blame.

Ban females (specially blonds) and BMWs!

Women drove him crazy, and the BMW got him to the crime scene. Oh yeah, ban gas too because it allowed him to drive the car to the crime scene.

Oh ban the NRA too.

I fear the worst may be yet to come. As we've seen on the tread on this topic over in the legal and political section, the main focus seems to be about mental health recognition and treatment. What is not discussed, is what to do about it. Perhaps those involved in the discussion are fearful of touching that third rail. It should come as no surprise that there will soon be a movement to tie electronic health information to not only gun sales, but gun ownership in general. If the antis get their way, this may become a nightmare of epic proportions. We'll see all of the surplus military vehicles used by the local police in raids against gun owners who have been "declared dangerous" by "someone".

We had this discussion over a year and a half ago on this forum and still, there was little serious thought given to what the next oppressive step may be.

Be on the alert folks. The current law is focused on "adjudicated" in order to be denied a constitutional right. And that's the way it should be. Look for new laws, or even worse, police actions because "someone needs to do something".

These kinds of registries sneak in. Your financial records tied to your SSN will be in a Government database - relating to mortgage. Was only posted in the record, as those agencies tasked with reporting to Congress deemed it was necessary to do this. They have to report, but the electronic records?

Very few commented.

Just another mental defective cry baby raised by mental defective liberals who probably never spanked him, gave him everything he wanted without working for it, and made sure he got a trophy for his active participation.
Red flags flying every which way and no one did anything, police knew about his video and did nothing, parents knew he was a timebomb and didn't take precautions.

I hate background checks and all the hoopla, but there should be a system for people like this to get red flagged. And have an extra wait time to check with local police/ metal database

I fear the worst may be yet to come. If the antis get their way, this may become a nightmare of epic proportions. ***We'll see all of the surplus military vehicles used by the local police in raids against gun owners*** "declared dangerous" by "someone". Unquote
AS WELL THEY SHOULD BE made illegal to use against civilians by police. I deplore this militarisation of the police whether fed, State or local. They are supposed to be police, not a military occupation force! Just my two cents.

Well, like most spoiled libs are-they keep it going long after it's done. At least I thought I was done, but.... I'm too ignorant to tell. Maybe we can make an acronym to classify this situation. That seems to be the current way to liberate these silly words from getting spelled all the way out.
P.S. Please refer to my previous post, I'm DONE (not an acronym for anything, I'm just done)
P.P.S-are you a member of ifish?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top