JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My sensible main driver is a Toyota Camry 4 cylinder. My other ride is a 2013 Toyota Tundra. I love my truck, but my 13 mpg 5.7 loves gasoline more than I do. My car hovers around 30 mph.

My sensible main driver is a Toyota Camry 4 cylinder. My other ride is a 2013 Toyota Tundra. I love my truck, but my 13 mpg 5.7 loves gasoline more than I do. My car hovers around 30 mph.
I have a 2012 F-150 with a 3.5 V6 and it was getting in the high 14's. I was using the stock Goodyear Wranglers with a mediocre load rating with 35 max PSI. I had damaged a tire on a rocky numbered road in Nevada. It had been plugged and patched but sitting over several months would have a slow leak. My wife hated and mistrusted that so I just put four new BF Goodrich's on with a more substantial load rating 55 PSI Max, I set mine now at 45 PSI and did a 200 mile jaunt out to the coast and went to the mid 16's on mileage. I have a longer trip in mind in July so I'll put the PSI to 50 or 52 and see what that does for mileage. I am just over 28,000 miles on the vehicle so It did not really need tires, but nag nag nag!

When you get new tires of course it will act like a new vehicle, but PSI has always been important to mileage so getting tires that will accept a higher PSI might help.

Of course you probably don't need ties yet.

Last Edited:
Not that anybody cares about "malaise-era" vehicles, but my DDs have carburetors, manual windows, and a KILLER exhaust note... 2017-07-18 16.37.41.jpg 2018-04-12 08.49.04.jpg
Could I say "eFF Portlandia" any louder?
BTW, the 93 F150 behind the Lebaron is also mine. It doesn't have a carburetor, but it does have manual windows. Ironically, the 79 Lebaron is the only one with factory a/c... and it's crazy cold.

$450 1987 Kawasaki EX500A1. Bought it in 1999 from my BIL who scared himself in a low-speed tip-over. Currently fixing a few boo-boos from a little motoring mayhem in April '17. Bike came out better than I did. S/B back on the road next month.

Screen Shot 2018-04-28 at 2.26.04 AM.png

This was me and BIL yesterday in North Wales, driving up the Horseshoe Pass near Llangollen in my 2002 Porsche Boxster - you'll need to turn the sound way up to get the odd howl that comes from a point just behind your ears....

It was almost 80F, BTW, for those of you who can't get your heads around Wales and sunshine in the same sentence.

tac

I drove this till I decided to tear it apart...
it will be 3" longer in the rear. leaf under with Rubicon express suspension and 35" tires.
fj80 axles with a twist and some other good stuff
20180602_164218.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews