JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Cbr600f4i, 50 mpg.
20160503_060320.jpg

IIRC, the body lines of the MR2 is influenced by the TR7. What used to be called "The Wedge".
I remember following one into a parking lot (a little older, '84 or '85) and it turned a sharp 90 degree corner at 25 mph.
Despite the slow speed, most cars would lean noticeably, taking a corner that sharp and that fast...and would slow down a little.
That Toyota stayed flat and took that corner like a slot car. No lean, no speed loss.
The '68 Bug I was following in, while a great handling car in its own right (as long as the speed doesn't get too high), couldn't keep up.
Pretty impressive feat to sit back and witness.

Dean

Just bought a beater for the mountains, hunting and whatnot.
'94 Land Cruiser with 281K miles.
Dude lied a bunch about the car. I don't know why people do that, just don't. Though he painted himself as an able mechanic, it's pretty evident he sucked. I haven't wrenched on cars for almost 20 years so I was out of practice in picking up on the clues.

I didn't care - I was getting it for a price where I could sell it for parts and walk away with $2K profit.

I've fixed three things he couldn't seem to figure out. Nothing major. Going to need to replace seals and bearings on the front axle. Changing rear axle, tranny and engine oils tomorrow. As soon as I find my OBDII instrument, I'll hook up and see why the check engine light came on.
Glad to be wrenching on cars again, it's a satisfying endeavor.

upload_2018-8-11_22-5-47.png

I think I might finally be a grown up. Ive owned about 40 cars over the past couple decades. Bought this car strictly for responsible, logical work purposes a couple weeks ago. I'll have almost 3000 miles on it when I get home tomorrow. Had 204k on the clock when I bought it and Toyota quality is gonna let me take it to 400k. Power everything, premium sound system, AWD, and 35mpg makes it hard to hate.View attachment 487765

Dude lied a bunch about the car. I don't know why people do that, just don't. Though he painted himself as an able mechanic, it's pretty evident he sucked. I haven't wrenched on cars for almost 20 years so I was out of practice in picking up on the clues.

I didn't care - I was getting it for a price where I could sell it for parts and walk away with $2K profit.

I've fixed three things he couldn't seem to figure out. Nothing major. Going to need to replace seals and bearings on the front axle. Changing rear axle, tranny and engine oils tomorrow. As soon as I find my OBDII instrument, I'll hook up and see why the check engine light came on.
Glad to be wrenching on cars again, it's a satisfying endeavor.

View attachment 487761
Those are mega sturdy (like you don't already know). The front knuckles ooze on all of those. If it doesn't kill you inside or leave spots in the driveway, save the time and trouble. It's rust prevention.

Those are mega sturdy (like you don't already know). The front knuckles ooze on all of those. If it doesn't kill you inside or leave spots in the driveway, save the time and trouble. It's rust prevention.
The left front seal is pretty bad. Scraped off 1/2" of gunk, then degreased the area. Right front is what I would consider normal. Drained the front axle and refilled today. There was only 1.5 pints in the Diff where there should be ~3.8 quarts. The chips on the magnet were negligible, which was a relief.
I hear those Vibes are one of the most underrated, over-performing cars that never die, like #2 on the top 5 cars that will last forever. The LC is #5 on that list.

Yeah, pretty under the radar. It's the stable mate to the Matrix-- Basically a Corolla wagon. I looked for months for this one. AWD is a somewhat rare feature. Maybe 1:20 had it. This one had miles but looked pretty well maintained. So far I'm pretty impressed, especially given what I paid for it. The only other car on my short list was an Impreza wagon, which is a good car but costs 2-3 times as much and burns quite a bit more fuel.

I think I might finally be a grown up. Ive owned about 40 cars over the past couple decades. Bought this car strictly for responsible, logical work purposes a couple weeks ago. I'll have almost 3000 miles on it when I get home tomorrow. Had 204k on the clock when I bought it and Toyota quality is gonna let me take it to 400k. Power everything, premium sound system, AWD, and 35mpg makes it hard to hate.
Dude, you live in God's country. Looking at the horizon, you could be anywhere in SE ID, Twin Falls and points East and North. If you had City of Rocks in the background..... You are hauling a long range rig with you, I hope....

Haha, that wasn't home. I snapped that photo after 33 miles of gravel road because it was absolutely filthy. I was just a couple miles west of Polson, Montana on the southern tip of Flathead lake. It's beautiful country.

From what I've heard, those LC engines are just about broken in around that mileage.
I think that engine is only second to the M-B OM616 and the Chrysler flathead six for longevity and reliability.
….of course, if you don't take care of it, nothing's going to last you long.
Have fun and congrats on your new purchase! =)

Dean

well picked up a new project. imported from Japan through a good buddy who imports cars for a living. my 93 nissan skyline sedan.
got a lot of work a head of me but I'm in love. so far I've upgraded the turbo and fuel pump. replaced the front end and installed a stereo system that works with american broadcasting.

20180823_022205.jpg 20180816_132512.jpg 20180815_215448.jpg 20180705_152942.jpg

2016 Ford Edge Sport twin turbo. Going to get mods soon to get it up to 375+ hp

Thanks James View attachment 433721
Very cool! I love my Edge... no turbos but still gives plenty at 285. Dare I say too fun/comfortable to drive... since I bought it in October of last year I ve spun 35,000 miles across 15 states.

This pic from our last trip a couple weeks ago about to decend from the blue mountains on our way home from Texas, and OK, KS, NE, WY, UT, AZ, NM, ID, CO, NV, OR.... 628D9652-F6F6-4901-8DA2-4FFCA24A68A2.jpeg

Just added a 2014 Prius to the family yesterday. Took a big hit to my pride, but knowing I now will have more money for guns, ammo and donations to 2A organizations made it easier. Plus no one seeing me driving it knows I am well armed... :)

F05A519F-BA04-4BC6-8897-C487454E8BAB.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads