JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dug up some old pics of that 1986½ Supra I was talking about above.
These are tonight's cell phone pics of some very, very old 35mm prints, so bear with me as regards photo quality.
In the first couple pics, you can see a portion of my old Volvo in there, too!

If it snowed the slightest bit, this damned thing would get stuck in the gutter of my damned driveway! :mad:
The cheater clicks on it had virtually no tread!

Supra01.jpg

But she did really well in the summers, when the Eastern WA heat would really soften up those Z-rated tires...

Supra02.jpg

This car gave me no end to "encounters" with LEO, then add in the cost of tires. In addition to the myriad speeding tickets I would garner whilst owning this speedtrap, I would go through 2 tires every year, at $500/tire (that's a late 80s price :eek: )! Every year I would have to rotate the smoked rear tires to the front, and buy a brand new pair of sneakers for the rear to the tune of $1,000. Damned near every stoplight was a ¼-mile drag strip start to me. I would make sure that I ended up first at the stoplight, then lay a smokescreen in the intersection when the lights changed. Yeah, I admitted in another thread that I was nothing but a big dick... :rolleyes:

But man, oh man, was she ever a blast to let loose on the highway!
Coming home from a trip to The Sisters, passing though Portland on I-205 at 0300 hrs over Christmas, at 140 mph... :s0140:

Supra03.jpg

After I got the windows tinted to beyond-legal darkness, I was even more of an asshat, if that was even possible!
Man, what I wouldn't give now to have another one of those again, now that I have some real money to trick it out...

From Wikipedia:

1986 1/2

The third generation of the Supra was introduced in February 1986 as a stand-alone model, officially being separate from the Celica. Whereas the Celica became a front-wheel-drive sport coupé, the Supra retained its image as a rear-wheel-drive sports/GT car. The new Supra would continue to move upscale and become a showcase for Toyota's technology. The Supra was powered by a 3.0-litre DOHC inline six-cylinder engine rated at 149 kW (200 hp; 203 PS). Notable features included an electronically controlled independent suspension (called the Toyota Electronic Modulated Suspension – TEMS), and some came with a removable Sport-Roof panel (Targa top).

Last Edited:
MORE PRIVILEGE!!!
I have YET to buy a brand new vehicle, and I'm 62... :(
I have been the second owner for nearly all of my vehicles.
Something about suffering that depreciation hit when one drives it off the lot has me stuck buying second-hand cars...
This Jeep is my first new car. I was always a used car guy, but with the way the used market is going, it actually makes more financial sense to buy new for a lot of models.
I sold my corvette in 2017 for $17k. Damn thing is worth closer to $30k now. Ouch

Well, just finalized a trade for this thing….and I realize I may have a bit of an addiction lol

She's a Mazda b2200 with a 454 th350 and lowered. Has all sorts of wiring gremlins but I like her anyways!

View attachment 1148039 View attachment 1148040
Oh good lord! Makes me think back when I was in high school. Not me, but a kid in my hood, and auto shop, put a Chev 327 in a Vega. Twas a thing of beauty. And for a high school kid!

I still miss my 2005 CTS-V Caddy w/ a manual. Undercover 4-door Vet essentially. Still looks good. Not as much HP as later Vs of course (405hp) but pretty of fun with the manual. Mufflers cut off of course. Close second - 2001 Ford Lighting, mods to about 600rwhp. The amazing part? No tickets since 1989!

I still miss my 2005 CTS-V Caddy w/ a manual. Undercover 4-door Vet essentially. Still looks good. Not as much HP as later Vs of course (405hp) but pretty of fun with the manual. Mufflers cut off of course. Close second - 2001 Ford Lighting, mods to about 600rwhp. The amazing part? No tickets since 1989!
What a unicorn! I'd love to have a manual cts-v. That new blackwing is a dream car.

Well, just finalized a trade for this thing….and I realize I may have a bit of an addiction lol

She's a Mazda b2200 with a 454 th350 and lowered. Has all sorts of wiring gremlins but I like her anyways!

I used to have an '89 B2200.
Had it almost 21 years.
That was one good ol' truck. It could literally do anything.

Truck8.JPG Truck5.JPG

Almost never used that canopy, though.

I bought my 2012 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat 4WD for $40,000 in 2012, according to CarMax they will give me $23,200 right now, (Son says they'll jump up a $1,000 or more if I hold out.) Not selling anyway, but just wanted to see what's what, since we are talking values, so I am losing a hair less than $1700 a year on a new vehicle, I don't think that is too bad. Still seems new to me.

How do you keep the back tires from spinning all the time? Or is it like my Scat Pack with the traction control off… you don't.

I bought my 2012 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat 4WD for $40,000 in 2012, according to CarMax they will give me $23,200 right now, (Son says they'll jump up a $1,000 or more if I hold out.) Not selling anyway, but just wanted to see what's what, since we are talking values, so I am losing a hair less than $1700 a year on a new vehicle, I don't think that is too bad. Still seems new to me.
Trust me, it is.
I've got a 1998 Ford Ranger and I still consider that "my new truck".

MyTruck_driveway1.jpg MyTruck_PortGamble_NewTires.jpg

Check that value again in a month, it'll be under $15k.

Have the fast sports car which year by year is still entertaining to drive but I drive my van 90% of the time. So it must go at some point cause of rougher times ahead. People are not going to be throwing kisses and roses pedals at you stepping from a 6-figure vanity machine haha.

Really would like a van simply laid out for off-grid; solar, diesel heat, etc. Could not have found a worse time in history to do that - have seen Sprinters for as high as $275k. Ridiculous. Keeping eye out for a 90s Ford Van or possibly an ambulance conversion. In any case, as a former 80s van lifer I know it should be made up to appear to be a commercial vehicle.

This looked nice, but $50k for no interior work at all. https://www.ebay.com/itm/175198886476

Capture.JPG

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR