JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry......I'm not familiar with the stores here in WA.

I probably got that bunch of CCI primers in a trade or maybe at a gun show somewhere. I'm usually not afraid to buy "old" primers. Storage conditions are what matters. Yup.....I have no way to actually check. But the reputation of the seller (just based on speaking with a fellow) means a lot to me.

I don't normally choose to buy CCI brand. I prefer Federal and Winchester primers as they just seem to be "less of a problem" in my progressive machines and/or Lee Auto Hand Primer that I like to use.

BTW.....even the Lee Auto Hand Primer has a recommended/approved list of brands of primers to be used with their equipment.

Not that I've always followed their (or other manufacturer's) "suggestions".:D

Aloha, Mark
When I was a kid, I used to buy 22 shorts at the local grocery store.

For the record....
Doesn't matter if you loaded 5 rounds with a Lee hand loader or 10,000 rounds in an automated press.

Loading is loading folks!

Would that be Payless Drug Store?
that would be payless drug store. remember going in there with dad when i was like 5 or 6. they had powder, primers, bullets a few dies etc. remember going down there once with mom to get some 45 gr. sierra .224 bullets for his 218 bee. he sent me with her to make sure she got the right bullets. that was 50 years ago, good times:).
btw, loaded up some 2-1/2" 410's today with a drilled out washer for a resizer. shoot good.

Those guys get paid by the load. Watch out and give them some space or they will run over you!
Those guys are lucky they don't kill someone daily with the way they drive. Also got hit by one this morning that decided he needed the lane I was in more than I did. No blinker, no headlights on in the dark this morning.

Reminds me of my father-in-law. He's an old logger. My wife is the youngest in a large family, so her folks were older. He was working in the northwest woods since he was a kid back in the 1940s. She says they always listened to logger music.

He'll be 87 in a few days, still going strong. His logging days are behind him, but you don't want to tell him that. :)

Got the press today.... need to get some proper fasteners but I'm finally doing something. Depriming and sizing .50 Beowulf. Makeshift lube pad too. Still lacking a few things.... but soon enough.

Guess two schools of thought as to when to clean..... before or after de priming. I'm going for the latter..... will have to borrow my dads cleaner/media tumbler. But I have enough to get started making rounds. Woohoo!

7558E030-D506-461F-A525-E3CE33E962BF.jpeg

Great job getting up and rolling! Your reloading brass does not need to be perfectly shiny to reload. If you keep your brass fairly clean, you can wipe it down with a damp cloth and then roll them around on a dry towel. I like to clean out the carbon in the primer pocket as part of the case prep. You can chuck your RCBS primer pocket brush in a drill (low speed) to make the cleaning faster. Make sure to check each case for proper length using vernier calipers or a case gauge. There's no better feeling than being able to make your own ammo!

Got the press today.... need to get some proper fasteners but I'm finally doing something. Depriming and sizing .50 Beowulf. Makeshift lube pad too. Still lacking a few things.... but soon enough.

Guess two schools of thought as to when to clean..... before or after de priming. I'm going for the latter..... will have to borrow my dads cleaner/media tumbler. But I have enough to get started making rounds. Woohoo!

View attachment 833177
Regarding cleaning, I dry media before depriming and wet media after depriming... Keeps the dies cleaner and satisfies my OCD tendencies...

Great job getting up and rolling! Your reloading brass does not need to be perfectly shiny to reload. If you keep your brass fairly clean, you can wipe it down with a damp cloth and then roll them around on a dry towel. I like to clean out the carbon in the primer pocket as part of the case prep. You can chuck your RCBS primer pocket brush in a drill (low speed) to make the cleaning faster. Make sure to check each case for proper length using vernier calipers or a case gauge. There's no better feeling than being able to make your own ammo!

A sonic cleaner is the fastest way to clean primer pickets and cases. I deprime cases with a Frankford arsenal tool ( Hand DePrimer | Frankford Arsenal ) while sitting my recliner. I then run the deprimed cases through the sonic cleaner. I no longer tumble cases.

About 10 years ago, after acquiring a 22 suppressor, I learned that 22 suppressors don't run hot enough to stay clean and the parts are a magnet for carbon residue. I also learned that cleaning it wasn't all that much fun. So I added a sonic cleaner to clean the suppressor. I found it excelled in cleaning my suppressor parts and brass cases.

Word of warning, with the wrong detergent a boron Nickle plated bolt carrier group will come out of the sonic cleaner looking very copper colored. please don't ask how I know that.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads