JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1 k of .380 target loads. Kinda cool when you get into a good rhythm on the progressive. :D

380 15feb.jpg

resized about 200 9mm on the hornady single stage lnl today, left handed. got shot in the right wrist while fishing in july, had 2 nerve tunnel surgeries on right arm in december, and right rotator surg last month. when the doc said "you're gonna need physical therapy to get that arm working again", i said i got this.---i'm right handed.
typing left handed sucks too.

resized about 200 9mm on the hornady single stage lnl today, left handed. got shot in the right wrist while fishing in july, had 2 nerve tunnel surgeries on right arm in december, and right rotator surg last month. when the doc said "you're gonna need physical therapy to get that arm working again", i said i got this.---i'm right handed.
typing left handed sucks too.

Good luck on your rehabilitation. I have fished all of my life and a few times I felt I'd been watched by animals, the two legged ones also. Always carried my trusty S&W 439 SA pistol when I got old enough, just in case.

I'm due for surgery on both my thumbs later this year or next.

It would be nice if someone invented a small washing machine where a person could dump a five gallon bucket of nasty muddy brass into it and after about an hour, the brass would come out clean and shinny!
i thought thats what laundromats were for. :cool:
p.s. also why im terrified to EVER use one of those. lol! who knows whats been there and who's dirty chamber it was in before it got there.. :p

Hay former CNC machinist here too.

Been wanting a Dillon 1100 for dedicated brass prep. No go for availablty. So I have one of these comming to solve the problem. Just going to make my own.

View attachment 824996
if you want to reload on a CNC machine though (or flat out make brass) i reccommend the turret press, it would be much faster. the cycle times and blows per minute are WAY higher than that can accomplish the only problem is i think only pistol brass would fit between the upper and lower turret plates. and getting clean powder through that oily nightmare would be next to impossible. but since you only want it for brass prep it should be good. :p

well to make it worth your investment you better just go ahead and make more than one. whats the old saying? got enough to share with the whole class? :D
i WISH i was on something cool like a vertical of horizontal although i guess i have spent a few months on a German horizontal 5 axis grinder making end mills for these machines.
pretty much all my time was spent on finn power F5 and C5 turret punches and a L6 laser cutter. my buddy who works at nasa now is the haas guru.
i am kinda glad i learned on such a ancient machine though, learning how to edit the code right in the console is kinda handy and helps convey the fundamentals of whats actually happening between when the program is written and what the machine is doing.

if you want to reload on a CNC machine though (or flat out make brass) i reccommend the turret press, it would be much faster. the cycle times and blows per minute are WAY higher than that can accomplish the only problem is i think only pistol brass would fit between the upper and lower turret plates. and getting clean powder through that oily nightmare would be next to impossible. but since you only want it for brass prep it should be good. :p

well to make it worth your investment you better just go ahead and make more than one. whats the old saying? got enough to share with the whole class? :D
i WISH i was on something cool like a vertical of horizontal although i guess i have spent a few months on a German horizontal 5 axis grinder making end mills for these machines.
pretty much all my time was spent on finn power F5 and C5 turret punches and a L6 laser cutter. my buddy who works at nasa now is the haas guru.
i am kinda glad i learned on such a ancient machine though, learning how to edit the code right in the console is kinda handy and helps convey the fundamentals of whats actually happening between when the program is written and what the machine is doing.

That would be funny to load the dies into CT40 tool holders, then have the mill change dies and actually load ammo held in a vise. Hmm powder drop would be a challenge.

Thinking of making a 10 station progressive so there is room for a Mr. bullet feeder, powder check, bullet seat, and a separate crimp die after the powder drop. I mainly need a brass processor, but if making that might as make one that also can feed and seat primers.

That would be funny to load the dies into CT40 tool holders, then have the mill change dies and actually load ammo held in a vise. Hmm powder drop would be a challenge.

Thinking of making a 10 station progressive so there is room for a Mr. bullet feeder, powder check, bullet seat, and a separate crimp die after the powder drop. I mainly need a brass processor, but if making that might as make one that also can feed and seat primers.
I haven't used the Mark 7 for brass preping but I'm sure it would be awesome.

I haven't used the Mark 7 for brass preping but I'm sure it would be awesome.

Mark7 also 6+ month lead times. At least they offer automation and a 10 station press.

I am mocking ideas in CAD, the simplest is a rotating round based system like a Dillon/Mark7/Horn, but I also like the linear movement like Camdex bar system. Ammoload used that Camdex model when they built their system from the ground up. Making something new is an opportunity to try something different. We will see, its a time, and $ thing. Even with the new mill I don't have a lathe so will have to farm that out for round bits longer than 3". (can circular interpolate no problem on a mill, but longer than 3" is pushing it in height)

Another 100 rounds of .40 S&W. 155gr Hornady XTP and 6.0 grains of Win 231. Hot load good for over 1100 fps. No reason for them; just noticed I was light on my .40 S&W stash and decided to crank out a box of something.

IMG_20210217_180858379.jpg

Mark7 also 6+ month lead times. At least they offer automation and a 10 station press.

I am mocking ideas in CAD, the simplest is a rotating round based system like a Dillon/Mark7/Horn, but I also like the linear movement like Camdex bar system. Ammoload used that Camdex model when they built their system from the ground up. Making something new is an opportunity to try something different. We will see, its a time, and $ thing. Even with the new mill I don't have a lathe so will have to farm that out for round bits longer than 3". (can circular interpolate no problem on a mill, but longer than 3" is pushing it in height)
Doesn't sound like your in a rush, could be a good time to make a better wheel. Ya never know. Could pay for the new machine eventually.

Btw congrats on the new machine. Totally jealous over that baby. ;)

Im sure youll find a decent lathe eventually. There's always a few for sale used at somewhat reasonable prices including all the tooling.
CNC lathes are diff stories but im never doing anything too crazy on a lathe anyway.
Heck id be happy with a little mini emco for home.

Having worked in the canning industry it was kinda neat seeing how the rotary filler/sealer worked, a big gigantic (something like 40 station) roll crimping turret. Sealed like. 240 cans a min or so. Cans just flying in one side and out the other.
Would be kinda cool to have something Gattlin inspired.

Sounds like a job for AvE...

Good luck on your rehabilitation. I have fished all of my life and a few times I felt I'd been watched by animals, the two legged ones also. Always carried my trusty S&W 439 SA pistol when I got old enough, just in case.

I'm due for surgery on both my thumbs later this year or next.
good luck on the surgeries:)
don't do them both at once:eek:
if they say "nerve block" drink the kool-aid first:p
the whippersnappers that sewed me up were pretty damn good docs.

Well I'm just getting started.... been collecting the little things for awhile but just ordered a Lee press from midway..... thx to whoever posted that info earlier in the week. The Lyman loading book only list 4 powders for my cartridge and today I found a pound of two of those Lilgun and 1680 in a local shop. Another H110 over the weekend at a local farm store. Woohoo It's getting real.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top