JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Actually, it was yesterday, but loaded150 rounds of .357 Magnum with Travis's 158 gr coated SWC's with Zip, CFE-Pistol and Power Pistol. Never tried coated bullets before. Do the cases need to be excessively belled to seat the bullets without shaving lead?
Sometimes I chamfer the inside of the brass just a hair before I bell the case. Seems to help deburr so I don't have to bell the case as much. If the inside of your case mouths are sharply squared off you can feel it with your index finger.

Working through a batch of 1k 5.56 that I annealed months ago. I've resized all 1k, and now trimming, chamfer on the rcbs 3 way trimmer. So far, I'm about 400/1000 done that are ready to load.

20230619_150856.jpg

My sorting is all done for now. I have a 5 gallon bucket of assorted rifle brass for rainy day work, buckets of 9, 40 and 38 special to process as needed. Preped 32 H&R and 41 Mag for tumbling and while that's happening I'll de prime 44 Mag.

I had too much Silhouette to toss out but not enough to do much of anything with. Maybe 3" worth in a powder measure so I made some me ammo for my 38 Super. It should be a fun little load pushing an Extreme 124gr HP to close to 1300 fps.

Well it's me mr big shot himself the op. Check out my YouTube btw. Well I done did some reloading today. Started at 10:30am. After some fiddle dickin around I got done at 4:30. Managed to work up 40 7mm rem mag capped with some 150g ttsx . Hopefully some of it will shoot half bubblegum and I can have me some new elk pills for November

Well it's me mr big shot himself the op. Check out my YouTube btw. Well I done did some reloading today. Started at 10:30am. After some fiddle dickin around I got done at 4:30. Managed to work up 40 7mm rem mag capped with some 150g ttsx . Hopefully some of it will shoot half bubblegum and I can have me some new elk pills for November
Hope your 7 mag elk load works good. Who would have thought your initial post would lead to over 4,700 responses (and counting)

Picked up a LEE APP Deluxe so I can quickly deprime/swage before I anneal and tumble.

Cheap press, some quarks, but for the price, well worth it.

I ran ~100 5.56 through it to test. First deprimed, then tested the swager.

View attachment 1437822 View attachment 1437823

I've noticed that machine (LEE APP and the ACP) while hunting through videos on YouTube today.

I'm looking to speed up my case processing of military brass. Please tell me more.

So then, do you end up running the case through 3 times?
Example:
1st run) Do you decap and resize the lot.
2nd run) Switch out to a swage rod (swage kit #90237).....running the case though again.
3rd run) Switch to primer loading.....running the cases through again with the set up that you have in the picture.

Then finally.....getting to the powder dropping and bullet seating on another press?

What was included w/the press? And what did you have to buy as EXTRAs?

Aloha, Mark

PS....BTW, I have several presses available. Single station (traditional) and several progressives (LEE and an old Dillon). But, doing the primer pocket swage step is getting to be a PIA (currently using a Dillon 600 swage). Not to mention, the PIA of placing the brass in and taking it out of a single stage shell holder (or on the rod of the Dillon 600).

I was thinking.....maybe I could just use the APP (since it's sort of "magazine fed").

Nope, sorry. I don't really want to upgrade to a Dillon (with the swage feature on the press).

Last Edited:
I did up some 308win 220g interlocks today . I'm thinking deer pill if they will shoot well. If not it looks like I horded a bunch of 180g interlocks that should work.

Also my Dillon has been giving me fits. I think it's from lack of use.

I got the brass I was waiting for on Saturday and tonight I loaded up 15 rounds to test fire in 45-70. I'm using an Oregon Trail 405grain bullet over 25 grains of IMR 4198. The load range was 22 to 31 grains. I figured a low medium charge to start was a good way to find out what I like.

Broke 3 decapping pins in the LEE APP.... swapped it over to use a universal decapping die to save money on pins. So far. It's faster and I haven't run into issues decapping 200 or so 5.56 cases.
I run a Lee universal decapping die with a Squirrel Daddy decap spindle/pin. I broke a couple Lee pins in the universal decapping die before going this route. Haven't had problems since.

Went and shot some of my loads from the 7mag and 223 I loaded up the other day. Are these good groups for a hunting rifle? 100 yards from a table, bipod and sandbags.

These are 4 shot groups and I do remember saying. "Don't shoot at my target you'll mess up my groups"

The peeled up target is my 223 and the rest are the 7 mag. All 4 shot groups. I would load 5 but the gun is pretty consistent at tossing the 5th shot on a cool bore.

Gonna crank out a few sets of 12 and check the 7mag at 200 yards. Or should I just crono my 4 best loads?

IMG_0442.jpeg IMG_0441.jpeg IMG_0443.jpeg IMG_0445.jpeg IMG_0444.jpeg

Are these good groups for a hunting rifle? 100 yards from a table, bipod and sandbags.
Looks plenty good to me.

I'm curious. I notice you are measuring the greatest distance from the outside of the holes. I've always measured the greatest distance from the center of the holes, I guess just from following my Dad's lead over the years. I've never shot competitively, nor did he. In actual competition, do you measure from the outside, middle, or somewhere else?

Looks plenty good to me.

I'm curious. I notice you are measuring the greatest distance from the outside of the holes. I've always measured the greatest distance from the center of the holes, I guess just from following my Dad's lead over the years. I've never shot competitively, nor did he. In actual competition, do you measure from the outside, middle, or somewhere else?
I measure from the outside edge of one to the inside edge of the farthest one away. Which, theoretically, would equal measuring exactly from center to center of each hole. The other option is to measure to the outside edges of the entire group, and then subtract the diameter of the bullet. (Necessary when you are shooting really good groups with shots going through the same holes. Doesn't happen often enough, for me. :()

Looks plenty good to me.

With an electronic caliper, you can open it up to the caliber (bullet) diameter and re-zero it.
Now if you measure a group outside to outside, the reading you get will be center-to-center.
With a mechanical dial caliper, nevermind. :s0092:
jmo,

Last Edited:
Went and shot some of my loads from the 7mag and 223 I loaded up the other day. Are these good groups for a hunting rifle? 100 yards from a table, bipod and sandbags.

These are 4 shot groups and I do remember saying. "Don't shoot at my target you'll mess up my groups"

The peeled up target is my 223 and the rest are the 7 mag. All 4 shot groups. I would load 5 but the gun is pretty consistent at tossing the 5th shot on a cool bore.

Gonna crank out a few sets of 12 and check the 7mag at 200 yards. Or should I just crono my 4 best loads?

View attachment 1443522 View attachment 1443523 View attachment 1443524 View attachment 1443525 View attachment 1443526

14380147-3031-4648-893D-065FD96D7F4F.jpeg

Broke the decapping pin on my universal die on the LEE APP... time to try the squirrel daddy brand next.

Also full length sized a few hundred 30 Carbine brass and then wet tumbled to shine them up prior to loading.

20230626_164101.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads