JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was considering both 150 & 180 grain rounds for hunting with my 30-06 this fall. After watching an Ultimate Reloader video where one of the guys decided to run 165's for all his hunting needs I followed suit. I put together a run of 10 rounds today to see how they fare. My Savage 116 shot 150's with 4064 very well, so I'd wager these shouldn't be too bad. Sierra Game Changers and 52g IMR.

I also assembled a small run of 223 with Nosler 77 cc match and h335 to see how they perform.

IMG_5731.jpeg

RE : 9mm resizing case complaint(s)?

WOW!! This is the first video that I've seen, explaining the problem and a possible product solution, that might just help someone with the same complaint(s).

BTW, I'm still using the "old fashion Carbide resizing dies". So, will I be up grading? Nah.....due to the cost.....probably not.

Aloha, Mark

RE : 9mm resizing case complaint(s)?

WOW!! This is the first video that I've seen, explaining the problem and a possible product solution, that might just help someone with the same complaint(s).

BTW, I'm still using the "old fashion Carbide resizing dies". So, will I be up grading? Nah.....due to the cost.....probably not.

Aloha, Mark
I get those 9mm rounds from my Lee dies. I just shoot'em-up! :D

I'm finishing up the last of the 9mm with Extreme 124gr HP's and that is the last I have to do for customers until I get more 30 Carbine brass and bullets. So next week it looks like I'll get to work on my stuff for a change. I want to fine tune my .223 varmint load using W-748 powder and Speer 50 gr TNT bullets and then make a bunch of the preferred load. My son wants me to bring that rifle over to his property and shoot Gray Squirrels when they are in season. I still need to start load development for my 300 Win Mag. I've got 180 and 200 gr Nosler Partitions and Mag-Pro powder for that. I have a 25-06 due to my FFL next week so maybe I'll get to start loading for it but we'll see how that shakes out. And then there is the pistols, I want to try some of the 124gr HP's in my 38 Super and over time I've acquired an few of these bullets and a handful of those bullets that I should just load up and shoot. I'm thinking happy can ammo.

Loaded up 200rnds of 180grn berrys 40sw with 5.0grn of Win244.

Tested a new LEE bullet drop die on the Dillon, and it was fantastic. The die itself is steel and uses ball bearings and a spring to hold projos from dropping. The tubes and top pieces are plastic and feel cheap, but I only had 3 or so double feeds of projos, easy adjustments and I'm more than happy with this setup.

Essentially, load up 100 primers, dump the powder, the cases in the case feeder, 100 projos in the tubes and you can focus on rhythm and feel and less ergonomic movements putting projos on.

Not for everyone, but I ordered one in 9mm to play with next.

20230611_142448.jpg 20230611_131237.jpg 20230611_131234.jpg

Loaded up 200rnds of 180grn berrys 40sw with 5.0grn of Win244.

Tested a new LEE bullet drop die on the Dillon, and it was fantastic. The die itself is steel and uses ball bearings and a spring to hold projos from dropping. The tubes and top pieces are plastic and feel cheap, but I only had 3 or so double feeds of projos, easy adjustments and I'm more than happy with this setup.

Essentially, load up 100 primers, dump the powder, the cases in the case feeder, 100 projos in the tubes and you can focus on rhythm and feel and less ergonomic movements putting projos on.

Not for everyone, but I ordered one in 9mm to play with next.

View attachment 1436801 View attachment 1436802 View attachment 1436803
And people say .40 S&W is a dying round! I say HAAA!!! to them, and fart in their general direction!

I have been studying powders some and doing searches on their availability. It looks to me like we won't be offered a variety of powders and maybe even just a few in our future.

I look at the burning rates and see powders like IMR 4320 are very close to Varget and 4320 was discontinued. Point being as variety is taken away then guys will buy up all they can of what is left.

I expect them to discontinue Win 748 since it's right there with varget. Hope they don't but things are changing.

I ran a bunch of 223 that was de-primed thru the tumbler to make it shiny for the gun show. Made the last of the 9mm Hp's and got them boxed and crated. Made 200 41 Mags with new Starline brass and Hornady 210gr XTP's.

Loaded my favorite 9mm target rounds.
147 gr. X-Treme bullet
4.2 gr. CFE Pistol
1.150 OAL

X-Treme recently had a sale on bullets and I bought a bunch. Less expensive than I could buy 124 grain coated bullets for.

Tested a new LEE bullet drop die on the Dillon, and it was fantastic.
I'm in total agreement - the Lee bullet feeding dies and cassettes do work really well.

I've picked up one of each of these and loaded 38 cal (380, 9, 357, 38); 40 cal (40, 10) and 45.

I place projectiles on the case mouth with my left hand. I have arthritis from an old injury in my left CMC thumb joint. The bullet feeding die is a god-send for me.

Picked up a LEE APP Deluxe so I can quickly deprime/swage before I anneal and tumble.

Cheap press, some quarks, but for the price, well worth it.

I ran ~100 5.56 through it to test. First deprimed, then tested the swager.

20230614_155712.jpg 20230614_155702.jpg

Actually, it was yesterday, but loaded150 rounds of .357 Magnum with Travis's 158 gr coated SWC's with Zip, CFE-Pistol and Power Pistol. Never tried coated bullets before. Do the cases need to be excessively belled to seat the bullets without shaving lead?

Actually, it was yesterday, but loaded150 rounds of .357 Magnum with Travis's 158 gr coated SWC's with Zip, CFE-Pistol and Power Pistol. Never tried coated bullets before. Do the cases need to be excessively belled to seat the bullets without shaving lead?
I've been doing coated 200 grain in .45 Colt and 150gr coted .30-30 flat points in a lever gun and don't don't flare the case any more than with jacketed .38/ .357, or 9mm, .45 acp

Haven't loaded anything for a week or so. I Have been processing a couple hundred pieces of Lake City .30-06 brass from 1969-1977. Man, the ol' rock Chucker is a beast, but it's still a serious work-out for the shoulder and arm working that lever. Then, removing the crimp/primer pocket cleaning. And the grand finale, trimming! I am so glad I stumbled in that used RCBS case prep center for close to half price!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top